Location: Albuquerque NM
Company Name: Terracon
Occupational Category: 11-3031.02,Financial Managers, Branch or Department
Date Posted: 2020-02-24
Valid Through: 2020-03-25
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Job DescriptionAre you passionate about making a difference in your community? Terracon is growing and hiring a Geotechnical Department Manager in our Albuquerque, NM office! Our Albuquerque office works on exciting projects including bridges and highways, airports, power generation and transmission, and slope stability geotechnical work. This position is for a professional engineer who will be responsible for planning, scheduling and coordinating geotechnical specific work, as well as managing a team of professional engineers for projects varying in size and complexity. The successful candidate will be experienced in all phases of geotechnical and construction management efforts and have previous leadership experience. This position requires numerous business development efforts including client development meetings, proposals, reports to support existing clients and project portfolios that serve to expand our service offerings.
If your passion lies in working on projects that help your community, and if you're interested in belonging to an employee-owned organization that allows us to set our course together and benefit when our hard work creates financial success, then Terracon is your kind of company! We share your passion.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate a commitment to follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects for incident and injury free operations.
• Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
• Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues
• and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams.
• Direct business development activities of all department personnel to ensure that adequate fees are available to support the manpower on the payroll.
• Plan for and execute the recruitment, selection, training, mentoring, and development of all employees in the department.
• Set priorities, assign tasks, and coordinate project staff to meet project targets and milestones.
• May be responsible for resource management, project scheduling, budgets and forecasts, and working with external vendors, subcontractors or contractors.
• Conducting client development activities and work with our team to develop a book of business in traditional geotechnical services for Albuquerque.
• Provide excellent level of customer service.
• Design, communicate, and implement a project plan for completing the project.
• Ability to develop written proposals to clients for both small and large projects.
• Experienced in evaluating, and synthesizing complex laboratory and field data, and assembly in written reports.
• Lead technical training and make informed decisions based upon state-of-the-art technology issues.
• Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices. Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and a minimum of 8+years’ related experience;
• Have or be able to acquire certifications in state of New Mexico that may include:
• New Mexico Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Civil Engineering (preferred)
• Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
• The ability to lead, manage and mentor and develop subordinate engineers.#LI-SC1
About TerraconTerracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
EEO StatementTerracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status