Location: Albuquerque NM
Company Name: University of New Mexico
Occupational Category: 21-1093.00,Social and Human Service Assistants
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Requisition ID req11989
Working Title Senior Resident Advisor
Pay $400 Monthly
Campus Main - Albuquerque, NM
Department RLSH Res Ed Program (215F0)
Employment Type Student Employment
Student Type Student Employment
Background Check Required Yes
For Best Consideration Date 2/16/2020
Under the leadership of the Director and the Assistant Director for Residence Life and the supervision of member of the Residence Education senior staff, the Senior Resident Advisor (SRA) is a live-in student position that plays an integral role in the function of the department of Residence Life and Student Housing (RLSH).
As RLSH aims to enhance educational, social, and personal growth for residents, the Senior Resident Advisor helps to create conditions within the residence halls that allow a diverse student population to live and learn in a comfortable, nonthreatening environment.
To best aid the department in achieving these goals, the Senior Resident Advisor must employ a student centered approach, the ability to identify and address student needs, a desire to collaborate, strategic problem solving ability, sound judgment, administrative management skills, and a timely response to problems that arise.
SRAs will work approximately 25 hours per week throughout the academic year.
Position responsibilities include all those of a Resident Advisor with additional administrative requirements to support the success of your assigned residential community.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• In conjunction with building coordinator, coordinate and maintain building duty schedule
• To be determined with your building coordinator, assist in OrgSync related administrative tasks
• Regularly check and maintain building space management through Residence
• Maintain and regularly update building social media accounts
• In conjunction with building coordinator, coordinate staff outings and team development
• Maintain five working office hours per a week, 3 of which should be during normal business hours (8:00PM-5:00PM, M-F)
• Serve as a point of contact in the absence of the building coordinator
• Other general job-related duties, as assigned.
Term and Conditions of this appointment include:
• The period of employment is for the entire academic year, including additional time at the beginning and end of each semester
• SRAs may return to their position for additional academic year appointments; reappointments are not automatic and are based on job performance and the outlined application process
• Have no outside employment during the first semester, and have no more than 10 hours of outside employment, paid internships or student teaching after the first semester in the job
• Discuss and receive approval for all external commitments (student organizations, Fraternity/Sorority involvement, volunteer positions, etc.) with supervisor prior to the start of the semester
• Limit course load to 16 undergraduate/9 graduate credit hours during the first semester of employment unless otherwise approved by the ADRL
Enrolled in a degree seeking program at UNM, Enrolled at least half-time (6 hours) at UNM for fall and spring semesters (Audit hours do not count), and if Work Study, you must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress.
To be eligible for this position, candidates must:
• Maintain enrollment as a full time student in a degree granting program at the University of New Mexico
• Earn and maintain at least a 2.75 semester and cumulative GPA
• Have completed at least one semester of employment as an RA before applying for the position
• Be available to the fill the position for the full academic year
• Ability to live on campus in a provided single room
• Successfully pass a pre-employment background check
To fully complete the application process for the Senior Resident Advisor position, applicants must:
• Complete a supplementary application which can be found at the following link; this supplementary form must also be completed by 11:59PM on February 16, 2020 for consideration: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=
• Include a copy of your Unofficial Transcript with this application in UNM Jobs. Instructions for finding your Unofficial Transcripts in Lobo Web can be accessed at the following link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1aD3KPboYrSUVpteDhOb0QwSnM/view?pli=1.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class