Location: Albuquerque NM
Company Name: Optum
Occupational Category: 11-1021.00,General and Operations Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-22
Valid Through: 2020-03-23
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Full Time RN Supervisor opportunity for our Gastroenterology / Endoscopy Clinic
Overview of Position:
Responsible and accountable for the practice of Professional Nursing, including the nursing management of the patient and staff of assigned area in his/her charge. Manages efficient patient flow, appropriate use of supplies and other operational functions. Collaborates with the clinic manager and/or director in developing and revising clinic policies, procedures, and protocols. Serves as departmental liaison and first line of contact with patients, providers and staff.
• Manages the patient care process by ensuring that a comprehensive patient assessment and plan of care is completed and documented on all patients within the time frame of the established policy.
• Manages staff members, assesses the needs of patients, and delegates tasks appropriately Provides guidance and training to assigned staff responsible for covering provider practices. Manages staff members, assesses needs of clients and delegates tasks appropriately.
• Facilitates in the development of a clinic level plan for financial and personnel resources required to provide the needed services.
• Demonstrates accountability for professional practice. Serves as a role model to staff. Precepts and/or mentors. Assumes responsibility for care provided by both RN & non-RN members of the nursing team. Develops subordinates to accomplish goals that support the department / corporation direction.
• Supervises, Oversees and coordinates daily staff assignments and operations for designated department to include hiring, terminating, disciplinary actions, evaluations and training in coordination with the Site Administrator.
• Manages the patient care process, by ensuring that a comprehensive patient assessment and plan of care is completed and documented.
• Responsible for completing basic RN competencies in addition to departmental specific competencies.
• Demonstrates quality improvement, facilitating the generation of ideas for improvement of patient care and functioning of the unit. Collaborates with other healthcare team members to generate new ideas for quality improvement with regards to administration, patient care, and overall functioning of the department.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required: Associate’s Degree of Nursing.
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing; Certification in clinical specialty
Required: One (1) year of Charge Nurse experience in hospital setting OR more than one (1) year of clinical or management experience.
Required: Current BLS Certification; RN License in State of NM or valid multi-state compact license.
Preferred: National Certification in specialty care
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Supervision/Management knowledge and experience; Clinical/Specialty expertise; Strong conflict resolution skills; Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
What's the first thing that happens when one of the leading independent medical groups in the country comes together with a global leader in health care? Opportunity. With DaVita Medical Group, HealthCare Partners, The Everett Clinic, Northwest Physicians Network, MountainView Medical Group and Magan Medical Clinic joining Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, people like you will find increasing levels of challenge, impact and professional success. We're changing health care for the better by improving access to affordable, high quality care, and working together to improve the patient experience. That takes passion, commitment, intense focus and the ability to contribute effectively in a highly collaborative team environment. Are you with us? Learn more about this exciting opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you’ll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment