Location: Albuquerque NM
Company Name: Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Occupational Category: 11-3011.00,Administrative Services Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-22
Valid Through: 2020-03-23
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Type of Opportunity: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Performs administrative leadership role in the training, coordination, and supervision of daily operational activities to ensure that departmental tasks are assigned and carried out. Oversight of teams includes developing & maintaining models for tracking of staff performance. Assists the Manager and Director to apply performance measurements and/or ensure that the level of care and services requested meet quality of care standards. Conducts direct departmental duties as needed.
• Supervises daily workflow functions related to applicable departmental activities, including but not limited to review of Nursing Facility Level of Care, Community Benefit Services, Comprehensive Care Plan, by utilizing, New Mexico Administrative Code (NMAC) criteria and the Medical Assistance Division Managed Care Policy Manual in assistance with day to day operations of the UM Long Term Care team.
• Monitors staff workload and distributes work to meet timeliness of service.
• Trains staff in departmental application of benefits, processes, policies and procedures, and assist in training of computer activities.
• Performs departmental activities including but not limited to: Oversight of UM Long Term Care team, review of Nursing Facility Level of Care, Community Benefit Services and Comprehensive Care Plans by utilizing NMAC, Medical Director reviews and review of operational reports.
• Mentors staff in applicable principles and decision-making skills.
• Prepare reports as requested.
• Assist Manager and Director in compliance with regulatory requirements and participates as indicated in audits or surveys by accrediting or oversight agencies.
• Works with providers to educate and assist with applicable processes.
• May work with Manager and Director in review of cost analysis of medical expenses.
• Supports implementation of change projects/initiatives. Supports the development and implementation of the department strategic plan.
• Assigns and distributes on-call roster (if needed) to staff and other departments, i.e., member services, Administration.
• Acts as a resource for policies, procedures, and operational changes within the unit.
• Participates in selection, training, and orientation of new employees.
• Performs other functions as required.
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses. Requisition ID: 2020-13141
Street: 9521 San Mateo NE
Name: UM LTC
JobTitle: SUPERVISOR UTILIZATION MANAGEMENT - LONG TERM CARE