Location: Alexandria TN
Company Name: Hyatt
Occupational Category: 37-2012.00,Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners
Date Posted: 2020-02-08
Valid Through: 2020-03-09
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
• Use correct cleaning chemicals for designatedsurfaces, according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
• Clean assigned guest rooms by priority.
• Transport cart with cleaning supplies, amenitiesand linens to assigned guest room and position securely.
• Empty trash containers and recycling bins.
• Remove all dirty terry and replace with cleanpar to designated layout.
• Remove soil, dirt, soap build-up, and hair frombathroom mirrors, vanity, sink, toilet, shower walls, bathtub, shower curtainand floor.
• Replace dirty bed linen and make up bed withclean linen.
• Replace laundry bags and slips.
• Clean closets and door tracks on check-outrooms, removing dust and debris.Ensurecorrect amount and placement of hangers, extra blanket/pillow and otheramenities.
• Dust and polish all furniture, pictures, frames,mirrors, light bulbs and switches, TV and remote, as well as cable box.
• Realign furniture to floor plan.
• Open all drawers/doors in check-out rooms andremove items left by guest. Dust inside.
• Check under bed(s), chairs and sofa for debrisand remove if present.
• Inspect condition of all furniture for tears,rips or stains; report any damages to maintenance.
• Remove dust, spots and smears from all doors,drapes, windows, ledges, frames, baseboards, AC unit, corners andtelephones.
• Inspect condition of amenities in desk, drawersand guest service directory, replace designates amounts at proper locations inroom.
• Ensure presence of fire safety, rate cards andDND sign.Inspect condition and replaceas needed.
• Vacuum throughout entire room and spray roomwith deodorizer.
• Update status of rooms cleaned on assignmentsheet.
• Return and restock cart at end of shift as wellas empty vacuum bag and wipe vacuum clean.
• Ensure security of any assigned guest room keysand turn over any lost and found items from guest rooms to your supervisor.
• Clean and replenish the coffee maker set.
• Handle guest complaints, ensuring guestsatisfaction.
• Report any damages or maintenance problems toyour supervisor.
• Knowledgeable of hotel fire and emergencyprocedures.
• Adhere to Lost and Found policy including keycontrol.
• Successful completion of the training process.
• Other essential room cleaning duties asoperations change in the future.
• Make up cribs and rollaway beds.
• Stock cleaning supply closets.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and /or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, co-workers, and management to their understanding.
• Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness; and work with a minimum of supervision.
• Ability to exert physical effort consistent with cleaning an industry standard number of rooms per shift (approximately 14-16 standard rooms).
4.Punctuality and regular/reliable attendance.
5.Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
• 1-2 year’s prior experience in cleaning hotel guest rooms.
• Prior guest relations training.
3.Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
• High School graduate or equivalent vocational training
• Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, such as reaching, extending arms over head, bending and stooping.
• Ability to lift, bend, stoop, push or pull heavy loads. Requires lifting bundles of linen weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to push or pull a vacuum and wheeled carts weighing up to 100 lbs.
Primary Location: US-TN-Nashville
Organization: Thompson Nashville
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: NAS000778
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law