Location: Alexandria TN
Company Name: Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Occupational Category: 43-3031.00,Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
Date Posted: 2020-02-08
Valid Through: 2020-03-09
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Your foundation in housekeeping is solid. You like the variety and movement the day presents, and you’ve got a knack with people and juggling schedules is a snap. Your trained eye quickly spots things out of order. You strive for the most efficient way to complete tasks safely and enjoy sharing what you know. If you’re up for the challenge, Interstate’s Housekeeping Room Inspector/Room Attendant position may be a great opportunity for you.
In this position you will:
• Use your talent for overseeing people and getting things done on time and under budget. Use your knowledge and experience to take preventive measures for the protection and comfort of guests, and the safety and security of associates and the asset.
• You will be responsible for being a relief supervisor/room inspector for two shifts and being a room attendant for three shifts.
• Enable an environment where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Oversee a diverse team of well-trained housekeepers by modeling the way, by empowering, sharing what you know, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
• Use your practiced eye to ensure all guest and service areas are cleaned and turndown service delivered. Take action for loss prevention, optimal health and hygiene, to ensure guest comfort and associate safety.
• Apply your talent for juggling to plan and schedule assignments and manage special requests for exceptional guest experience.
• Keep a pulse on supplies and expenses, in order to meet or exceed budget goals.
• Respond to guest requests and concerns, attending to guest needs with prompt courtesy.
A high school education or equivalent experience, with one to two years of employment related experience is required. Working knowledge of housekeeping is expected. Supervisory skills are required. You must be able to communicate effectively with staff, management and guests, and a second language may be required. The ability to operate a two-way radio, cleaning and general office equipment, including a computer, is expected. This position requires continuous movement and standing, and the ability to lift up to 25 pounds and push or pull up to 35 pounds.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an EEO/AA/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans Employer. Click here and here to navigate to the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3830 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Our People are the Key to our Success
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company with over 430 hotels and 76,000 rooms located throughout the United States and around the world. Our rich history spanning 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry and promises a bright future for our hard-working associates building their careers with us