Location: Alexandria VA
Company Name: Castro & Company
Occupational Category: 11-9199.03,Investment Fund Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-08
Valid Through: 2020-03-09
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Castro & Company is a dedicated audit, advisory and accounting CPA firm headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia. We specialize in providing the personalized services of a small firm with the full resources and quality of larger accounting firms. Castro & Company employees are part of a learning culture with challenging career development opportunities. We encourage teamwork and collaboration, reward excellence, and respect and value diversity. Our compensation packages are competitive and commensurate with experience. We also offer a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, Paid Time Off (PTO), 401(K), flexible spending plan, commuter allowance, professional development incentives, pet insurance, commuter benefits, and short-term and long-term disability.
Senior Auditor – Incurred Cost Audits
Castro & Company is a CPA firm that provides audit, advisory and accounting services to federal agencies. Our clients enjoy the personalized services of a small firm with the full resources and quality of large accounting firms. Named Best Place to Work in 2017 and 2018 by the Washington Business Journal and Accounting Today’s Top 50 Accounting Firms to Work for in 2016 and 2017, we are seeking motivated professionals to contribute to the firm’s growth and provide exceptional client service.
This position is a great opportunity for someone to expand their knowledge of incurred cost audits and gain supervisory experience, while learning best practices from management who have grown their careers at the firm. Ideal candidates are dedicated to their work and eager to take the next step in their career. We’re eager to grow alongside you in your future here at Castro & Company.
• Determine the adequacy of financial capability (viability) based upon analysis and review of financial statements and supporting documentation.
• Work to obtain additional documentation such as interim financial statements, support/details of amounts reported, and credit or financing arrangements in cases where the analysis indicates that an awardee is at risk of inappropriate use of federal funds or where the organization’s ability to continue as a going concern is in doubt
• Audit proposals to determine the allowability, allocability, and reasonableness of proposed/budgeted costs and/or direct and indirect costs
• Determine the adequacy of an awardee’s policies, procedures, practices, and internal controls relating to accounting, estimating, and procurement; the evaluation of an awardees management policies and decisions affecting costs
• Conduct evaluations of an awardee’s statements of costs to be incurred (cost estimates) or statements of cost actually incurred
• Implement post-award audit actions, including the review of: invoices and final voucher closeouts, annual incurred cost submissions, provisional rate and final rate submissions, adequacy of internal controls, agreed upon procedures, change orders proposals, and Requests for Equitable Adjustments, and review of termination proposals.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited institution
• 2+ years of incurred cost/contract auditing experience or DCAA Audit experience required
• CPA Certification or 150 credits for eligibility to sit for the CPA exam
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance (US Citizenship required)
Castro & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability and any other classification protected by law