Location: Beaverton OR
Company Name: The Vancouver Clinic
Occupational Category: 29-2011.00,Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technologists
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Great opportunity to join the Gastroenterology team at Columbia Tech Center as a Medical Assistant-Certified!
The Vancouver Clinic is the largest multi-specialty physician practice group in SW Washington where the professional staff builds lifetime relationships with our patients. We have over 275 providers and 1100 employees. Located in Vancouver, Washington just across the river from Portland, Oregon, we enjoy close access to a bustling suburban area and nearby mountains, ocean beach, and great school systems. We have been serving the SW Washington community for 80 years! We seek those who strive for excellence in patient care, seek challenges, embrace teamwork, and those who go out of their way to help others be successful.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, paid time off, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. Vancouver Clinic covers Washington state certification renewal costs for medical assistants. Living and working in Washington state means no state income tax.
Care for people, grow your career
Vancouver Clinic is currently seeking compassionate and patient-focused medical assistants . We are the largest multispecialty group in Southwest Washington, and growing. Our medical assistants are passionate about taking great care of patients and adept at helping with back-office duties. The ideal candidate will be caring, positive, flexible, and team-oriented, and work with kindness and professionalism at all times.
Back-office medical assistants maintain and enhance the health and well-being of patients. They facilitate patient flow, assist with procedures, help with telephone communications, and handle follow-up. Regular responsibilities include:
• Take vitals, obtain chief complaint, and update patient chart accurately when patient is roomed
• Discuss and enroll patients in MyChart patient messaging
• Prepare equipment, instruments, and supplies for provider exam; instruct patient on disrobing, if applicable
• Assist provider by chaperoning, as appropriate
• Assist with exams and minor procedures
• Maintain patient flow; have patient in the room within five minutes of known vacancy
• Evaluate needs of walk-in patients within 10 minutes of known arrival.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Current Washington State Medical Assistant-Certified credential
• Interim to active MA-Certified credential within six months of hire date
• Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider BLS CPR certification
• Electronic health record experience, Epic preferred
• Patient care experience preferred
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Vancouver Clinic believes in supporting the personal and professional growth of our employees and promoting from within. Our medical assistant (MA) career ladder provides you with opportunities to improve your skills and knowledge. Growth opportunities include: MA II, MA III, Lead MA, Panel Coordinator, Orthopedic Technician, and others.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work required in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of those assigned to this job.
We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, generous time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan.
Vancouver Clinic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vancouver Clinic does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law