Location: Annapolis MD
Company Name: American Express
Occupational Category: 11-3031.02,Financial Managers, Branch or Department
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
The Global Consumer Lending Finance team provides strategic and financial analysis to help develop the right products, lending capabilities, and customer treatments that grow our share of spend and lend in the marketplace. We achieve this goal through a broad set of activities, such as deep financial analysis of our existing cardmember base, analysis of the industry and specific competitors; and detailed financial sizing of new card products, product refreshes, lending capabilities, acquisition offers, or customer treatments. We rely on strong cross-functional collaboration with the product, marketing, pricing, risk, and finance teams for the Global Consumer Services business.
The manager will provide decision support for the U.S. Consumer Lending Customer Management, Pricing and Installment Loans teams.
• Analyze customer-level data and lending portfolio trends to identify customer insights to drive Lending revenue
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with partners in the business, Marketing, Risk, Pricing, Finance and other functions in order to identify critical business questions and frame the correct analyses to make decisions
• Own the end-to-end financial analysis of initiatives such as product launches / refreshes, new lending capabilities, organic growth initiatives, and profitability analyses of the portfolio
• Develop and maintain deep understanding of the competitive environment and our competitive positioning
• Effectively communicate complex ideas and seek to influence and drive the strategy of the business
• Strong financial modeling, analytical and problem solving skills
• Detail oriented, adaptable and highly motivated individual
• Ability to handle high pressure and fast-paced environment, while bringing a positive energy to the team
• Ability to synthesize and articulate complex ideas with brevity, simplicity and impact
• Strong understanding of card economics, with an emphasis on lending dynamics
• Confidence to ask questions, develop a point of view, and voice an opinion in meetings with senior executives
• 3 years of relevant work experience
• Bachelors degree required
• High level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint required
• Experience with IDN, SQL, and/or Cornerstone preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Title: Finance Manager - US Consumer Lending
Requisition ID: 20001718