Location: Atlanta GA
Company Name: Morrison Healthcare
Occupational Category: 35-2014.00,Cooks, Restaurant
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Posted Date: Dec 19, 2019
TEXT TO APPLY: You can now complete your entire job application for this job via SMS text messaging!
Simply text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition ID number 360002.
Click here to learn more.
• We have 3 openings for a full-time COOK position.
• Location: The Hospitals of Providence - Memorial Campus, 2001 N. Oregon St., El Paso, TX 79902. Note: online applications accepted only.
• Schedule: Weekends / some holidays / schedule based on buisness needs.
• Requirement: 1 year culinary experience a must / Up to date food handler card.
WE MAKE IT EASY! You can now prerecord video introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison’s hospital kitchens, restaurants and cafés feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company’s Mindful Choices wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. The Atlanta-based company was named one of Modern Healthcare magazine’s “Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2013” and one of Training Magazine’s top 125 for 2014.
Full time associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
• Commuter Benefits
• Wellness Program
• Employee Assistance Program
• Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
• Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
• Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
• Discount Marketplace
• And other voluntary benefitsJob Summary
Summary: Prepares food in accordance with applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations with established policies and procedures. Ensures quality food service is provided at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares high-quality food items according to standardized recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery and service schedules.
• Serves meals or prepares for delivery by using correct portioning, meeting outlined standards, ensuring that food is at the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty. Tastes all prepared food items.
• Uses established ticket collection procedures during service. Responsible for records from area worked during service periods.
• Cleans kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high standards of cleanliness. Stores or discards excess food in accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
• Keeps refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensures food and supply items are stored per standards.
• Operates and maintains kitchen equipment as instructed.
• Assists in production planning, record keeping and reporting as required.
• Assists in the ordering and receiving of all food and supplies as required.
• Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to the supervisor immediately.
• Attends in-service and safety meetings.
• Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, customers, administrators and managers.
• Performs job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 360002