Location: Aurora CO
Company Name: University of Colorado Denver
Occupational Category: 25-1071.00,Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO
Anschutz Medical Campus
Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor - Tobacco/Cannabis Control and Policy
The University of Colorado l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
University of Colorado Cancer Center
Colorado School of Public Health
Department of Health Systems, Management and Policy
POSITION AS ASSISTANT, ASSOCIATE OR FULL PROFESSOR
TOBACCO/CANNABIS CONTROL AND POLICY
NATURE OF WORK
The University of Colorado Cancer Center and the Department of Health Systems, Management and Policy in the Colorado School of Public Health invite applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Professor with a research focus on tobacco and/or cannabis policy. We seek candidates with expertise in health policy, health economics, or health services research who will advance scientific knowledge about the implementation and impact of policies to reduce disease burden, health inequities, and costs associated with tobacco and/or cannabis. Applicants at the Assistant Professor rank should have at least three years of postdoctoral research experience.
The successful candidate will conduct rigorous, externally funded research that contributes to the Cancer Center's scientific mission, and will teach, advise, and mentor students in one or more of the Department's graduate degree programs. Applicants should have an existing record of peer-reviewed research publications related to tobacco and/or cannabis policy, along with evidence of success in obtaining extramural grants to support research in one or more of these areas. Applicants should also have experience in graduate-level teaching and student advising, or demonstrate willingness and ability to develop this experience.
The University of Colorado Cancer Center is Colorado's only National Cancer Institute designated consortium comprehensive cancer center, operating with more than $75 million in annual cancer research funding. The Department of Health Systems, Management and Policy supports a multidisciplinary group of research-intensive faculty members and offers an MPH degree as well as M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Health Services Research and a new PhD. in Health Economics offered with the Department of Economics. The Colorado School of Public Health is the only accredited school of public health in the Rocky Mountain region.
The incumbent will report to the Chair of the Department of Health Systems, Management and Policy for promotion and tenure progression and teaching activities, with dual reporting to the Deputy Director of the Cancer Center for research activities.
Depending on the rank of hire, this position may have supervisory responsibilities for professional research assistants and graduate research assistants seeking MS and PhD degrees, postdoctoral fellows, early-career research instructors or junior faculty at the Assistant Professor levels.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
• Publish research manuscripts in top peer-reviewed journals.
• Submit research proposals and obtain extramural funding for research.
• Teach courses in the PhD, MS and/or MPH program.
• Mentor graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and/or early-career faculty. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The incumbent will have the ability to design and conduct rigorous, quantitative health services and health policy research related to tobacco policy and/or cannabis policy. The position will have expertise that enables them to teach MPH and PhD level classes in health services research methods, health policy, health economics, healthcare systems, econometrics, and/or economic evaluation methods.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The Salary range for this position is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services .
The University of Colorado is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
DIVERSITY AND EQUITY
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Appointment to the rank of Assistant Professor requires:
• A research-oriented doctoral degree in economics, health services research, public policy or related discipline.
• Demonstrated potential to establish an independent program of research.
• Research experience in tobacco policy and/or cannabis policy. Appointment to the rank of Associate Professor or Professor requires:
• A research doctoral degree in economics, health services research, public policy or related discipline.
• Academic and scholarly accomplishments commensurate with the criteria for appointment at the academic rank of Associate Professor of Professor at the University of Colorado, Colorado School of Public Health, such as
• Exceptional record of research publications.
• Strong teaching evaluations and experience mentoring students.
• An established program of extramurally funded research as Principal Investigator.
• Track-record of leadership & service to the field. Preferred Qualifications:
Demonstrated experience working with clinical faculty on research projects is desirable at all ranks.
Appointment to the rank of Assistant Professor:
• Experience in developing research grants.
• Experience in publishing peer-reviewed scientific articles. Appointment to the rank of Associate Professor or Professor:
• Successful record of mentoring PhD students, postdoctoral fellows, and/or early-career faculty. Special Instructions to Applicants : References: - Applicants for appointment at the Assistant Professor level only should provide the names and contact information for three references and should arrange for those individuals to send us letters of reference directly. - Applicants for appointment at the Associate or Full Professor level should not arrange to have letters of reference sent but should provide a list of names and contact information for three references. A review of the application material will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants must apply online at http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Please do not submit any of your application material via email to the job posting contact. Applicants must include: 1) A letter of application that includes: - the faculty rank you are applying for - Summary of research accomplishments - Statement of research interests and goals - Summary of teaching experience 2) A full curriculum vitae 3) A draft of a current research paper as first author. Application Materials Required : Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below Application Materials Instructions :
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 17008
When applying, applicants must include:
• A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
• A current Resume/CV
• The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document Please be advised that the University does check references as part of the employment process.
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 21439 - CSPH-HSMP General Ops
Posting Date: Aug 19, 2019
Closing Date: Ongoing
Contact Name: Cathy Bradley, PhD
Contact Email: CATHY.BRADLEY@CUANSCHUTZ.EDU
Posting Number: 00766144