Location: Austin TX
Company Name: Atavas
Occupational Category: 27-1021.00,Commercial and Industrial Designers
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
CAD Technician or Designer with a minimum of 3 years of experience in civil drafting and plan production. We are looking for an experienced CAD Technician to perform drafting activities on public water, wastewater, transportation and drainage projects in either our our Austin or Round Rock office. The primary responsibilities for this mid- to senior-level position include working with our Project Managers and Engineers to provide drafting and design support on public infrastructure projects across Texas. Working under the supervision of senior staff, the selected individual will produce quality designs and plans, interpret plans from other engineering related disciplines (survey, utility, etc.), as well as maintain and develop CAD libraries and drafting standards. Requirements:
• Associates degree in CAD or Engineering Design.
• Minimum of five years of experience in civil drafting and plan production.
• Working knowledge of MicroStation SS4.
• Working knowledge of GEOPAK.
• Working knowledge of OpenRoads, AutoCAD or Arc GIS, a plus.
• Ability to work within and develop MicroStation Feature Definitions & Element Templates.
• Ability to work within and implement CAD standards.
• Able to create professional exhibits and rollplots.
• Understanding of geospatial coordinate systems.
• Ability to work independently at times and as part of a multidisciplinary team at others.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required to build relationships with team members. We are a rapidly growing civil engineering consulting firm that focuses exclusively on serving public sector clients. With offices in Austin, Round Rock and San Antonio, Texas; we provide opportunities in the fields of water, wastewater, transportation, storm water and planning. BENEFITS
We offer a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical, prescription, dental, vision, company paid life insurance and long-term and short-term disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with employer match; holidays; and paid time off. We also offer additional perks including alternative work week schedules.
For over 25 years Atavas executive search and consulting has served hundreds of companies throughout North America in over 40 practice areas.
Uniquely, Atavas's growth model runs counter to the recruitment industry at large and for good reason. Rather than distilling our focus into limited practice areas, we grow practices around proven search partners who have attained industry mastery in their given vertical. This results in exceptional domain expertise, more aligned hires and overall improved client satisfaction