Location: Austin TX
Company Name: Nexus Staffing Solutions
Occupational Category: 17-3013.00,Mechanical Drafters
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Seeking a Substation Drafter for a Global Engineering Firm in Austin, TX!
This is a Direct-Hire/Permanent Role; Not Temporary/Contract
$25-30/HR DOE + Bonus Potential!
Full Benefits Day 1! Including incredible health coverage plans and profit sharing program!
The Drafter will be responsible for providing redline and recording drawings on substation physical designs with civil, steel structures and foundations. The drafter will design substation projects including physical and civil layout drawings as well as schematics and wiring diagrams. The drafter will be responsible for learning, understanding, and implementing CAD knowledge; learning client standards, practices, and procedures to ensure that work produced conforms to the client's standards.
• Utilize CAD in 2D or 3D to create drawings
• Gather information from manufacturers and vendors drawings for drawing development
• Create grounding plan and conduit/trench plan from general arrangement in
• Create bill of material and populate plans and elevations with corresponding call-outs
• Create grounding and conduit details and associated bill of material
• Create conduit schedules
• Coordinate the physical design with civil, steel structures and foundations designs
• Complete drawings from conceptual development, design phases, construction, to as-built
Drafter Background Profile:
• Minimum of 3 years relevant drafting or design experience
• Certificate or Associates degree in CADD, drafting, engineering technology or related field
• Proficiency with AutoCAD
• Basic understanding of electrical equipment, conductors, connectors, steel structures and foundations used in substation and their applications, types, manufacturers, specifications, and installation requirements
• Basic understanding of typical substation layouts, bus arrangements, conduit, grounding and installation details
• Good understanding of the physical design package and how changes in each drawing will carry through to other drawings and disciplines
• Highly proficient in the CAD Technician role including QA/QC procedures