Location: Austin TX
Company Name: Aviat Networks
Occupational Category: 17-3011.01,Architectural Drafters
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
The position listed below is not with Rapid Interviews but with Aviat Networks
Our goal is to connect you with supportive resources in order to attain your dream career. We work directly with hundreds of publishers to connect you with the right resources to fit your needs. You may also want to visit our News & Advice page to stay up to date with other resources that can help you find what you are looking for
The drafter will receive parts lists, AutoCAD files, manuals, and other supporting documentation from the Engineering teams to create a set of drawings which supports factory builds and field upgrades.
He /She will work directly with the Engineering team to create a drafting package in AutoCAD which will consist of a Cover Sheet, Configuration Summary, System Layout, Traffic Plan, Rack Profiles, Power Wiring Diagrams, System Block Diagrams, Fuse Cards, Details Sheets, Floor Plans, etc. Once completed, the drafting documents will be reviewed, updated, PDF’s, then uploaded to Oracle’s Agile Software Database.
• Be able to communicate as a team to prepare thorough plans, layouts, and details used in preparation of telecommunication engineering projects and according to project specifications.
• Use parts lists to gather data (part numbers, quantities, types, etc.) and verify that the correct equipment used on the drawings matches the parts list.
• Use AutoCAD to insert blocks of Aviat’s equipment & additional OEM.
• Create new blocks for equipment which is being used for the first time.
• Create wiring details specific to each project from a library of details.
• Create change orders in Oracle’s Agile for initial release of drawings and for changes from the factory and/or customer.
• Create PDF’s using AutoCAD.
• Update drawings from field redlines, sketches, & photos.
• Manage files stored on a local server.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD 2015 or later:
• Be able to insert, create, edit, & replace blocks.
• Knowledge of how to use and create dynamic blocks is a definite plus.
• Understand how to use tool palettes, layout tabs, sheet list tables.
• Understand the use of sheet set managers to manage drawings sets and to PDF.
• Understand how to work with Xrefs, embedded images, view ports.
• Knowledge of layers, line types, fields, tables, draw order, wipe outs, hatches, block attributes.
• Basic understanding of leaders, dimension.
• MS Excel, MS Visio, MS Outlook Knowledge of Oracle’s Agile is a plus