Location: Austin TX
Company Name: Samsung Electronics America
Occupational Category: 17-2112.00,Industrial Engineers
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Samsung Austin Semiconductor is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the world with more than 3,000 employees and 2.45 million square feet of floor space. Samsung Austin Semiconductor has broad semiconductor process technology offerings serving customers in various application areas including mobile, consumer, networking/high performance computing, Internet of Things, RF and automotive. Since 1996, SAS has invested approximately $17 billion in its Austin, TX campus, making it one of the largest direct foreign investments in United States history. Samsung Austin Semiconductor is a US-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. The Austin facility is one of the few semiconductor plants the company has outside South Korea. Visit www.samsung.com/us/sas.
The Process Integration team is focused on new product set up and transfer to mass production. As part of the Process Integration team, you will provide support in assisting in the setup of critical parameters in the module.
SAS is focused on being the World's Best Foundry product supplier.
Role and Responsibilities
• The request is for the replacement of Daniel Daehee Lee who will transfer to CVD department at September 29th.
• The engineer will be responsible for mainly Customer engineering and communication with PIE product/project management with PIE product owner include yield improvement, problem solving related with low yield, in line trend shift and new product (NPI) set up which demonstrates SAS capability in performance, yield, and reliability on new products.
• The scope of the job is 14nm node and New 14nm product set up Q3'19 and '20. This engineer will work on foundry customer products as well.
• Goal of the job is to set up new product and enable risk and mass production. Successful candidate will be able to meet foundry customers' expectations for performance, yield and reliability.
• The Process Integration Engineering (PIE) team is focused on incoming technology transfer, productization, new product introductions, yield improvement, stop loss reduction, cycle time reductions and other KPI improvements.
• As part of the Advanced Node Process Integration team, Engineer will provide Process Integration for 14nm and beyond products in a high volume production environment.
• Leads projects related to incoming technology transfer, productization, new product introductions, yield improvement, stop loss reduction, cycle time reductions and other KPI improvements.
• Design, execute, and analyze experiments.
• Uses software to analyze data including statistical analysis; Consults with senior level engineers on experimental results in order to make decisions about large scale changes.
• Participate in Task Force Teams.
• Responsible for critical or complex steps or layers in the wafer fabrication process.
• Develops Change Point Management Plans.
• Communicates technical information to senior leadership outside of the department through presentations.
• Completes other duties as assigned.
• Understanding of all semiconductor processing modules including Fin, PC, SD, RMG, MOL and BEOL is needed.
• Requires detailed communication with MFG and multiple engineers who assist in the setup of critical parameters in the module.
• Need customer understanding and interface skills. Coordination and delivery of customer sample lots with desired speed and quality of the customer. Need understanding of pFA, defects and Yield for initial lot testing and de-bugging.
• Some preparation for customer interactions will be required. Strong organization and communication skills are required.
• Work days and hours: M-F, 1st Shift.
Skills and Qualifications
• BS or MS in physics, electrical engineering, chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science or related field. Prefer >7 years of experience in the semiconductor industry and knowledge of FINFET technology or other three dimensional device.
• Bachelor's degree in Physics, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or related field is required.
• Master's or Ph.D. is preferred.
• Basic understanding of some unit processes including thin films deposition, lithography, etch, diffusion, wet process, Cu plating, and CMP.
• Basic understanding of the interactions between process and yield.
• Electrical Engineering, Materials Sciences, and Physics expertise within semiconductor field is required.
• Experience with LSI manufacturing is strongly preferred.
• Experience in Yield or Process Integration in semiconductor manufacturing is strongly preferred.
• Must have basic understanding of process flow in assigned areas.
• Experience with High-K Metal Gate technology is strongly preferred.
• Experience with FEOL, MOL or BEOL Process Integration is preferred.
• Excel, JMP, Spotfire, Power point and strong data analysis and organization skills required.
• Analysis skills, including yield analysis, electrical device characterization, yield issue investigations, data mining, DOE, and SPC
• Expertise in Excel, PowerPoint, and various statistics programs (i.e. JMP, Spotfire).
• Programming and/or scripting experience is a plus.
• Must be capable of shifting focus and changing priorities - dealing with ambiguity.
• Must demonstrate strong core values including: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Quality, and Continuous Learning.
• Must have excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills.
• Must have interpersonal skills to escalate issues, get support, and effect lasting change.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments.
• Must be able to work on different shifts based on project need.
Samsung Austin Semiconductor is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Since being established in 1969 , Samsung Electronics has grown into one of the world's leading technology companies, and become recognized as one of the top global brands. Our network now extends across the world, and Samsung takes great pride in the creativity and diversity of its talented people, who drive our growth. To discover more, please visit our official newsroom at ( https://news.samsung.com/global/