Location: Austin TX
Company Name: Thales
Occupational Category: 11-2021.00,Marketing Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Location: Austin, United States of America
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
TOGETHER WE MAKE THE BIG AMBITIONS OF TOMORROW HAPPEN TODAY
The Field Marketing Manager plans, organizes and executes programs that create relevant interactions with local buyers to inform and influence their buying decisions in support of Sales objectives.
The Field Marketing Manager is responsible for driving demand creation and thought leadership on the target market through regional programs. He/she is paired with direct sales teams to support the attainment of annual direct sales revenue objectives.
The role partners with central marketing functions (content marketing, marketing operations, digital marketing) to create demand generation plans that deliver maximum impact through a combination of tailored global and new market–specific activities.
He/She needs to be able to translate strategic directions into regional based tactical marketing and lead generation campaigns and keeping abreast of the latest B2B Marketing innovations. This position develops and drives marketing programs that generate quality pipeline, move prospects through the sales cycle and build customer intimacy.
This is an ideal position for candidates who enjoy working with people, are analytical yet creative, ambitious, and willing to infuse marketing campaigns with their energy and intellect, and who are looking for the right platform to showcase their abilities.
• Develop a strong relationship with direct sales teams to understand sales goals, identify marketing requirements, gather feedback on marketing activities, and get aligned on new and planned marketing activities.
• Create and drive annual marketing plan and quarterly programs to meet lead gen, customer retention and brand awareness goals within the region, delivering pipeline and revenue goals for paired direct sales teams, while being aligned with the global strategy.
• Work proactively with central marketing teams to review global plans, share local requirements, and provide feedback on global/regional programs and assets. Be the advocate for the global initiatives in region.
• Distribute and manage local marketing budget to best support the goals
• Assess local marketing opportunities and recommend new tactics
• Measure the results of the programs and report to marketing and sales teams.
• Capture and analyze local buyer insights and regional customer intelligence, and use them to segment and optimize target audiences
• Serve as the regional ambassador when liaising with corporate stakeholders
• Take ownership of field programs from inception to end results: understand field needs, define program and success measurement, define content needs, ensure alignment with global objectives, and deliver all aspects of the program locally.
• Evaluate, select and manage vendors that contribute to local demand marketing programs
• Analyze local pipeline volume, performance and forecasts, including specific views for segments and sales teams
• Offline (webinars and in persons events) - Design and manage live events to be included as tactics in the overall marketing mix
• Demand generation - utilization of a full range of marketing tools to develop and run creative, effective, lead producing, demand generation programs.
• Contact sourcing – utilization of creative and unique tactics for acquisition of new contacts
• Lead flow and qualification – work collaboratively with marketing operations to define, tweak, and implement agreed upon lead flow, staging, and scoring best practices.
• Brand awareness - lead regional awareness programs through developer conferences, speaking opportunities and tradeshows - coordinating event venues, speakers, logistics, surveys, operations, and lead flow
• Social media - tactical support for all social media channels in region – twitter, Facebook, blogs, LinkedIn, etc.
• Inbound Marketing – works with centralized interactive marketing resource to support regional websites, PPC programs, SEO efforts, and other interactive media assets.
• Customer retention – Implementation of high level customer retention programs
• Regional Rock-Stars – identify and include in your tactical mix activities with industry relevant, and well-known thought leaders
• Accountability - Responsibility for execution of all above mentioned activities on time and on budget
• A proven track record of lead and demand generation strategy and execution within the high-tech environment.
• Experience in integrated, multichannel B2B marketing (online and offline)
• Experience in Account Based Marketing (ABM)
• Planning/project management skills - Experience in program design and campaign planning
• Robust knowledge of CRM systems (SFDC highly preferred), familiarity with marketing automation tools (Pardot preferred) and lead scoring.
• Ability to leverage buyer data and insights in the development of marketing plans
• Strong consultative marketing approach to effectively engage with sales and central marketing teams
• Social media execution (appropriate, effective use of common social media technologies)
• Agency management
• Oral and written communication skills - In-person and virtual presentation skills
• Time management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills & Active listening skills
• Process oriented
• Strong proficiency with data and analytics
• CRM system (Saleforce.com)
• Marketing automation platform (Pardot)
• Marketing resource management
• Microsoft Office
• Social media, SEO / PPC tools
• Bachelor's degree in marketing or business, or comparable marketing qualification/ experience
• Master’s degree in business or marketing preferred.
• 6 or more years in b-to-b marketing
• Robust work experience in the high-tech industry (information security, or software development tools desired)
• 3 or more years proven experience working with direct sales teams and supporting programs to drive awareness and close deals
• Inbound marketing strategy/execution experience
• Track record of success in all key areas of responsibility
• Experience with B2B, on-line, off-line and account based marketing essentials
• Management of regional marketing calendar and alignment with corporate programs
• Management of regional budget
• Lead management from programs both directly through SFDC and through external TM team to ensure leads are followed-up effectively, and providing reporting on the results
• Providing effective progress updates and reporting to management and internal customers on program metrics (e.g. inquiry/response rate, ROI), event metrics, etc.
• Office work environment
• 10-20% travel (international travel potential 2 times a year)
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled