Location: Austin TX
Company Name: Aerotek
Occupational Category: 17-2141.00,Mechanical Engineers
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: CONTRACTOR
Now Hiring for a Drafter/Designer for an Oil and Gas Company here in Austin, TX.
CLIENT JOB DESCRIPTIONS:
Position Summary: To develop layouts for mechanical systems to be fabricated into customer orders. To prepare drafting projects, drawing and documentation. To review and recommend modifications and corrections to drawings created by other Mechanical Designers.
1. Receive technical drawings, blueprints, customer specifications, and schematics. Create approval drawings for customer review and approval.
2. Create fabrication drawings. Fabrication drawings (in either 2D or 3D) include drawings for individual parts/items, sub-assemblies and complete product drawings, if appropriate.
3. Once fabrication is complete, receive fabrication drawings. Create final as-built drawings in accordance with customer requirements. Incorporate red-line changes into the "as-builts", if any.
4. Participate as an active member of a project team. Confer with Engineering, Project Management, Sales and Operations to assure clear understanding of customer requirements and capabilities.
5. Create drawings (approval drawings, fabrication drawings, and as-built drawings) in accordance with drafting and design standards.
6. Review and verify the accuracy of drawings created by other Mechanical Designers. Recommend design modifications and corrections, in accordance with customer requirements and sound engineering principles.
- 2-3 years of experience as a drafter working with a 3D software
- 2+ years experience working in a mechanical manufacturing environment
- Willingness to learn and pick up quickly
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience designing in Inventor
- Experience with piping design
- Experience with AutoCAD Vault
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call [ Phone number blocked ] or email [ Link Removed ] .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position