Location: Austin TX
Company Name: Arcadis
Occupational Category: 17-2051.00,Civil Engineers
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Roadway Transportation Engineer-Austin, TX ( Job Number-
Arcadis is seeking a Roadway Transportation Engineer to join our growing transportation engineering group in Austin, TX. If you are self-motivated, team-oriented and flexible, possess the initiative and ability to take on new projects and other challenges regularly we want to talk to you!
At Arcadis, we want to put our people first. We create an environment where all our people can be at their best and we invest in them to build the workforce of the future. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, medical/dental/vision plans and a matching 401(k). Arcadis proudly offers flexible work schedules, professional development opportunities, as well as leadership development programs.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to-
• Engineering design for numerous roadway projects including collector streets, urban arterials, rural and urban expressways and interstates, full reconstructions and rehabilitations.
• Prepare construction plans and project displays
• Assist in all aspect of roadway design including roadway alignments, cross-sections, drainage, maintenance of traffic and erosion and sedimentation control.
• Prepare cost estimates, reports and technical memos
• Utilize various CAD and design software to assist in design and preparation of construction plans
• Must possess good communication (written and verbal) and teamwork skills and possess the flexibility to complete a wide range of tasks – including the potential for field work (ex- project site visits)
• Minimum of 2 years work experience in Transportation Design
• Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
• Familiarity with TxDOT Roadway Design Manual, Texas MUTCD, and TxDOT design standards, specifications, guidelines and policies
• Specific technical experience, skills, etc.- Roadway Geometrics, Drainage Design, Traffic Control, Signing and Pavement Marking, and Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans
• Experience using MicroStation, Geopak, Open Roads, Open Roads Designer (ORD)
• Additional experience with InRoads, StormCAD or similar CAD production and hydraulic analysis software is a plus
• EIT Certification
Why Choose Arcadis?
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles. Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis- 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
Transportation, quite literally, makes the world go around. But rapidly increasing urbanization, shrinking budgets and sensitivity to the natural environment demand an innovative approach to advance the future of mobility in all its forms and functions. Join us in developing advanced infrastructure while helping our clients get the most from their existing assets – through innovation and transformational thinking. Together, we will solve some of the world’s most complex transportation and land development challenges. Help meet the demands of tomorrow – today.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
- Design & Engineering