Location: Austin TX
Company Name: Whole Foods Market
Occupational Category: 11-2031.00,Public Relations and Fundraising Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
We are looking for an experienced Business Intelligence developer to develop end-to-end reporting solutions for the marketing analytics program. The individual will design, architect, develop and support new existing reports on Tableau along with creating complex SQL queries to reveal drivers behind the store, market, and regional performance. They will also create the generic scripts to dynamically modify the dashboards using parameters and variables.
This individual must develop a deep knowledge of a variety of data sources, including customer, transaction, marketing, digital, and third-party competitive data, and must possess the ability to identify patterns in large datasets. The role requires them to be able to convert the insights into recommendations for other teams and leadership.
Above and beyond strong data and technical skills, the right candidate for this position will have a strong understanding of business and marketing performance. The position is located in Austin TX.
The following duties are essential in successful execution of the position:
• Work closely with a group of cross-functional stakeholders to understand key business questions.
• Create pipelines on Alteryx or Python to read data from diverse sources and load into either Teradata or AWS Redshift.
• Query large enterprise data warehouses using SQL, integrating data from multiple sources with appropriate data structures to support longitudinal analysis.
• Develop analytically sound methods for answering those business questions, often involving complex situations with multiple potential factors.
• Create data visualizations, reports and dashboards in Tableau to showcase business trends and marketing program performance.
• Communicate insights to senior leaders in a clear and concise manner, connecting insights to key business questions and decisions.
• Present analysis to peers in the Whole Foods and Amazon analytics organization for peer review and feedback.
• Serve as subject matter expert on Whole Foods marketing, digital, and customer data sources.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related quantitative discipline. An advanced degree is preferred but not required.
• 4-6 years of professional experience in BI, IT, analytics, marketing, or business analysis. Experience in all phases of SDLC preferred.
• Strong knowledge of SQL, ETL (Alteryx or any other tool),Python, and Tableau.
• Strong design and data visualization skills.
• Experience working with large enterprise databases (Teradata and AWS tool experience preferred), with demonstrated ability to independently query and prepare data for analysis and reporting.
• Experience with brick and mortar retail is a plus.
• Exceptional analytic skills coupled with solid business thinking.
• Self-directed, innovative thinker. In addition to strong attention to detail, strong candidates will also be able to see the strategic implications for the business in the big picture. You are fluent in telling the story to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Strong candidates will have a curious mind, a passion for synthesizing information from multiple sources, the ability to interpret data through the lens of shopper behavior, and a habit of translating data into insights that drive action.
Whole Foods Market attracts people who are passionate about great food, the communities they live and work in, how we treat our planet and our fellow humans – and who want to bring their passion into the workplace and make a difference.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs