Location: Austin TX
Company Name: Ursus
Occupational Category: 15-1151.00,Computer User Support Specialists
Date Posted: 2020-02-08
Valid Through: 2020-03-09
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Job Title: Sr Desktop Support Technician - 3354
Location: Austin, TX 78703
Duration: 1 year contract
At a senior level, provides second- and third-tier technical computer support, such as configuration, installation and troubleshooting of computer hardware and software. Provides support to IT users for all aspects of end-user computing and desktop-based software. Provides audio/visual support and operations at board functions, community events, customer meetings and town hall meetings located in Austin and throughout the service area. Participates in the testing and evaluation of new hardware and software. Supports mobile work force. Documents solutions to problems and develops end-user guidelines. This position utilizes in-depth knowledge of best practices and experience in own discipline to provide and improve services.
• Performs intermediate and senior computer hardware, software and peripheral setups, installations, and configurations (i.e. monitors keyboards, scanners, disk drives, etc.).
• Performs diagnosis, preventive maintenance and networking troubleshooting. Provides desktop imaging.
• Performs installation, configuration, maintenance and support of printers.
• Performs installation, configuration, maintenance and support of audio visual equipment.
• Provides audio/visual technical support and operations at Board meetings, committee meetings, and other executive level meetings.
• Provides coordination of audio/visual presentations to Board of Directors at Board of Directors and Committee meetings. - Provides audio/visual technical support for meetings at facilities
• Responds to incidents concerning computer operation and applies troubleshooting principles and techniques to diagnose hardware, software and operator problems
• Performs troubleshooting of connectivity problems such as LAN connections, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, air-cards, VPN connections and serial communications
• Six or more years of experience in supporting client computer hardware, client computer software or peripherals such as audio/visual technology in a networked environment.
• A degree(s) in computer science, information technology or relevant field may be substituted per company guidelines for certain years of experience.
• Ivanti / LanDesk
• MS Windows imaging
• Windows 7 and Windows 10
• High Level endpoint and software troubleshooting
• Application Packaging/Scripting (Powershell/VBS/BAT)
• Really solid communication skills and support skills