Location: Austin TX
Company Name: Smith & Nephew
Occupational Category: 11-2021.00,Marketing Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-18
Valid Through: 2020-03-19
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Location: Austin, TX
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Sr. Global Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing the commercial strategy for their product franchise. Responsibilities include working with Global Sales leadership and regional and in-country marketing teams to gain insight into local market dynamics, competitive activity, and consolidating input into the development of the Global Product Plan. The Sr. Global Marketing Manager will be the product line leader in supporting and developing programs to support the Global selling organization, including programs to drive sales force readiness and achieve revenue targets for the assigned product lines. The Sr. Global Marketing Manager will also manage direct report(s) on the marketing team, with a focus on developing their marketing skills to take on increased responsibility within the organization.
• (25%) Develops and executes downstream marketing plans for assigned product franchise. These plans may include:
- Limited product launch and full launch plans for assigned product
- Participates in developing training plans and training content
- Works with Marketing Communications team to create impact marketing campaigns and selling tools
- Works with manufacturing planners to forecast product needs and ensure adequate inventory
• (25%) Works closely with Director of Marketing and country marketing leads to develop and drive the franchise Global Product Plan, which includes new products, new indications, claim development, and product exit strategies globally.
• (25 %) Develops and maintains customer relationships, interactions with KOLs and manages surgeon consultant(s). Consolidates voice of customer feedback. Works closely with US Sales leadership, regional and country marketing leads to drive assigned product lines. Regularly interacts with sales team and customers through in-market visits
• (25%) Manages direct report(s) to support the Global Product Plan
Location: US - Austin
Education: Bachelors degree required; MBA preferred
Experience: 7+ years of commercial experience with the majority specific to the medical device industry; 5+ years marketing experience; Sales experience preferred
- Routine interactions with Regional and In-Country Marketing, R&D, Sales, Operations, Legal, Finance, Quality, Regulatory, Medical Education, Sales Training, and Compliance.
- Regular contact with customers and KOLs supporting the franchise.
- Good communication, presentation and computer skills. Strong analytical and financial acumen required.
- Responsive and Customer Focused. Excellent track record in establishing solid business relationships with internal and external partners. Demonstrated ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Results-driven approach with self-motivation, ethics, positive attitude and professionalism.
- Weight lifting (5.1kg - 30 kg)
- 75%/25% sitting/standing
- Repetitive Motion: Mostly computer use
Travel Requirements: 25-50