Location: Baltimore MD
Company Name: Fiserv
Occupational Category: 15-1132.00,Software Developers, Applications
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
What does a great Software Developer do? Are you ready to be a member of a dynamic, entrepreneurial software development team? You will be responsible for crafting custom add-ons for our core banking software (DNA) to maximize value for our Credit Union and Bank clients, and for crafting integration software to enable our clients to use their preferred ancillary banking software products together with our core system. You will be in direct contact with our clients and our team members.
What are some of the responsibilities you have in this role?
• You will use Python, PL SQL, Oracle SQR, and Microsoft c#.NET with an Oracle database.
• Your primary responsibilities of the role include software development, unit testing, problem analysis and resolution, software documentation, support of UAT processes and related support functions.
• You will also assist as needed with other software development and support activities relating to our team's ability to effectively meet our clients' needs.
• Your will interact with our clients and you will require collaboration and frequent interaction with other members of our group.Are you willing to take the challenge?
Basic qualifications for consideration:
• Bachelor's degree in the software development field of study. Significant (8 or more years) relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• A minimum of 5 years professional software development experience.
• At least 3 years of experience programming in SQL or a SQL variant
• At least 2 years of experience programming in Python, PL SQL or Oracle SQR.
• End-to-end working experience across the entire software development lifecycle.
• Excellent social and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a project team in a reciprocal effort.Preferred qualifications for consideration:
• Experience with software development using Python
• Experience with software development using C#.NET
• Experience with software development using Oracle SQR
• Experience with software development involving real-time integration, using modern / common techniques such as Web Services / APIs.
• Understanding of / working experience with XML
• Performance optimization diagnosis, tools and techniques
• Experience as a software developer building or maintaining core banking system software for Community Banks or Credit Unions
• Experience working in a customer / member facing role or as a back-office employee at a Bank or Credit Union.Travel required :
• Min travel, up to 5%. Travel to Glastonbury, CT office may be required during initial training period, depending on previous experience and familiarity with DNA core banking software.Learn more about us.
In this role you will be aligned with our Open Solutions division which offers multi-charter solutions to banking and credit union clients in a shared services model. Its flagship product, the DNA platform, is a real-time, open technology account processing solution for financial institutions seeking a modern technology architecture and looking to benefit from the power of data and integration.
In a world moving faster than ever before, Fiserv helps clients deliver solutions in step with the way people live and work today - financial services at the speed of life. With 24,000 associates, we help more than 12,000 clients worldwide create and deliver solutions to enable today's consumer to move and manage money with ease, speed and convenience. Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World's Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Who We Are:
DNA provides Banks and Credit Unions a modern account processing platform to streamline operations, quickly adapt to changing business needs and manage relationships in real-time and through all banking channels. The DNA Custom Solutions team provides software development services which allow our clients to maximize their use of DNA and surrounding products, and optimize their business processes. Through these services, we deliver client satisfaction and contribute to our company's success.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet. Visit http://www.careers.fiserv.com/eeo for more information