Location: Bloomfield Hills MI
Company Name: Henry Ford Health System
Occupational Category: 29-2081.00,Opticians, Dispensing
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Responsible for assisting the doctor with providing thorough comprehensive visual exams, medical exams, office visits, in-office minor medical procedures, and contact lens follow-ups by performing preliminary testing, electronic medical record entries, contact lens classes, support duties, and post exam follow-up.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform visual preliminary testing to include: auto refraction, inner-ocular pressure, neutralizing prescription eyewear, blood pressure, visual acuity, motility testing, pupil assessment, confrontation fields, anterior chamber angle assessment, dilation, but not limited to these skill sets.
• Documentation recorded into the electronic medical record: Preliminary testing entries and patient chief complaint, medical history, medications, and social history, previous/current contact lens and eyewear prescriptions, but not limited to these entries.
• Escort patient throughout the exam process and transfer authority to appropriate department: Eyewear Consultant, Dispenser, or Customer Service Representative
• Educate patients on contact lens handling, wearing schedule, care and importance of owning prescription glasses.
• Interpret a doctor’s prescription and suggest products and enhancements to address specific prescription requirements.
• Accurately performs, follows, and adheres to the scheduling guidelines and to the allotted time given to perform preliminary testing and electronic medical record entries for each scheduled appointment.
• Responsible for completing department training program and all necessary educational requirements to perform job responsibilities.
• Answer and address customer concerns and questions. Direct customer to the appropriate source when unable to address customer questions. Handle multiple customers effectively with tact and a sense of urgency.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Requires a High school diploma or GED.
• Requires basic math skills.
• Previous customer service or optometric tech experience preferred.
• Computer and/or electronic medical records knowledge preferred.
• Retail and/or hospitality and/or customer service experience preferred.
• Requires the ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.Requires the ability to listen and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Requires the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.WORKING CONDITIONS
• Works in a retail optical environment.
• Requires evening and weekend hours