Location: Cape Coral FL
Company Name: Applied Materials
Occupational Category: 15-1132.00,Software Developers, Applications
Date Posted: 2020-02-08
Valid Through: 2020-03-09
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Applied Materials is at the foundation of emerging innovation; designing the equipment and plant automation bringing all new technology in semiconductor manufacturing to the world. This role is to join the software division of Applied Materials, AGS/APG, in their mission to increase the productivity of the industry while dramatically reducing the cost of manufacturing. Come join us as we bring this unique and compelling opportunity to industry 4.0.
AGS/APG, a division of Applied Materials, is looking for a Senior Application Specialist. The Senior Application Specialist provides mechanistic and multivariate modeling expertise, as well as experience with informatics systems commonly found in SEMI and Pharma Industries. In this role, you will support the Applications team to innovate and improve processes through effective analytics using a systems-based approach. You will be required to work closely with APG's Sales and Software Engineering teams, as well as with customers in process engineering and manufacturing science roles. You must have excellent process knowledge and experience and be able to convey a technical message to a business audience. You will be expected to support both pre and post-sales engagements performing all ranges of tasks from supporting a technical sales strategy for a new client, communicating the value of our software with industry challenges, software installs, process model design, workflow design, data manipulation and problem solving. Technical training and consulting are also part of the job. Pre-sales support, customer engagement and technical implementation support of projects in Asia [China, Japan, S. Korea, India and Taiwan] is also included in the scope of this role.
Responsibilities and Goals:
• Evaluate process and equipment data to determine the ideal modeling approach for improved performance and increased equipment availability (candidate must be able to define good and bad data quality).
• Perform FMEA's with process engineers to determine possible modes of failure and how they could be detected early through modeling the correct data tags and transformations.
• Build mechanistic, multivariate (PCA, PLS, etc,) and/or hybrid models for use in GMP manufacturing.
• Support Engineering in the configuration of equipment process types and instances using Applied's SmartFactory as well as extract data from various data sources (PI, LIMS, ERP etc.) and import it for historical modeling.
• Define strategies for effective use of models and employ best known practices for model management.
• Strong technical writing skills to support questionnaires, request for proposals, proposals, customer reports and provide training as needed.Qualifications:
We are looking for a person who can work on his/her own, communicates well with the team, and who is passionate about supporting our industrial clients. We require a combination of hands on experience in the semi and/or pharma industry with modeling and data systems expertise. The successful candidate must have:
• At least 5+ years of experience in the semi and/or pharma industry or 5+ years as a process engineer working with chemical or similar processes with a demonstrated ability to learn new fields such as pharma/biopharma manufacturing. A working knowledge of systems, software packages and languages - preferably for technical products such as:- Databases (PI System, Oracle, KDB+, SQL, or similar)
• Data communication, interfacing (OPC UA, relational database calls, etc.)
• Data visualization (knowledge of various common platforms is preferred: TIBCO Spotfire, PI System visualization tools, custom UI development skills,
Angular, HTML, XML)
• Applied and non-Applied MES knowledge is a plus.+ A working knowledge of programming languages such as Python, MATLAB and R. MVA knowledge of packages such as SIMCA, MATLAB, CAMO, or Perceptive
• A proven ability to interact with clients and clearly explain technical details, solution business or ROI impact to non-technical/senior customer roles.
• Experience with factory interfaces including OPC, ODBC, OSI PI System, and other database historians. C++ and/or C# programming knowledge is a plus.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English. Ability to work in other languages is beneficial.Education:
A BS/MS in a relevant science or engineering discipline with 5+ years of industry experience.
You will work remotely and must reside in the U.S. There will be 25% travel within the USA, Europe and Asia.
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 Years
Yes, 25% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future