Location: Carrollton TX
Company Name: Thomson Reuters
Occupational Category: 25-9031.01,Instructional Designers and Technologists
Date Posted: 2020-02-08
Valid Through: 2020-03-09
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
High-Level Job Description:
Do you have solid corporate instructional design experience.
Have you been responsible for the design, development and evaluation of training courses? Do you know how to employ Instructional Design methodologies to develop and implement learning solutions for software product training? Are you a master of Adobe Captivate, Articulate, Camtasia and other eLearning tools utilized for content development? Do you have project management skills and the ability to keep up with multiple projects in a fast-paced environment? Are you a team player with good communication skills? Are you comfortable and confident when communicating with clients and various levels of the organization?
If so, we are looking for an experienced, passionate and skilled learning professional that can meet the needs of existing and next-generation learners for the ONESOURCE product suite.
The Instructional Designer will partner with other team members to create highly engaging eLearning, instructor-led training and certification exams for Thomson Reuters ONESOURCE clients. Our primary learners include Corporate Clients, Accounting Firms and Implementers. The role requires hands-on instructional design and development of training materials, as well as project management of small to medium-sized training projects.The Instructional Designer Specialist will be responsible for learning needs analysis, design, scripting, development, review, testing, implementation and evaluation of training materials, ensuring that they complement the overall training strategy. The role collaborates closely with different areas of Training, Professional Services, Product Management/Development, Sales, and other key groups, subject matter experts, management and other parts of the business.The successful candidate will have proven mastery of learning technologies (Captivate, Articulate 360, Adobe Creative Suite, Camtasia, SnagIt) and the drive to learn and incorporate emerging tools and technologies into our training.
• Designs and develops effective and engaging learning deliverables for all delivery types (i.e. instructor-led, eLearning, etc.)
• Understands content structure and how curriculums, courses, modules, learning objectives and assessment questions that are designed to transfer and validate knowledge
• Works with subject matter experts on the design, development, review and testing of training curriculum and content
• Reviews and interprets technical documentation, existing course materials and SME notes for developing instructional materials
• Participates in learning needs analysis, curriculum mapping, design, writing, development, review, testing, implementation and evaluation of all training materials, including certification exams
• Contributes to the development and implementation of curriculum and content development plans and processes
• Uses a customer-focused (internal and/or external) approach to solving complex training problems
• Develops content that complies with all NASBA CPE guidelines and standards for Instructor-led Group-Live, Group Internet-based and QAS Self-Study courses
• Actively develops ONESOURCE product knowledge, and participates in readiness activities to stay abreast of product enhancements and training deliverables
• BS or MA degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology or related field
• 3+ years of Instructional Design experience in a training, educational, and/or development group; Experience with similar industry and customer-facing training focus preferable
• Advanced knowledge of multimedia authoring tools, specifically Adobe Captivate and/or other Adobe tools (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.), Camtasia, Articulate Storyline and other eLearning authoring tools
• Ability to design or create dynamic and engaging content (instructor-led, eLearning and blended content) that incorporates engaging design elements and effective learning principles for an optimum learning experience
• Strong project management skills and ability to successfully multi-task
• Demonstrated knowledge of applied adult learning theory, instructional design, learning measurement, learning management systems, and organizational development strategies
• Strong interpersonal skills including proven ability to collaborate with teams and individuals at all organizational levels
• Strong problem-solving skills; ability to see details and larger picture
• Visual design skills and the ability to storyboard
• Motivation and drive to experiment with new ways of developing and sharing content with clients
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America