Location: Chandler AZ
Company Name: Kelly Services
Occupational Category: 19-2031.00,Chemists
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Chemical Technician - Phoenix, AZ
Kelly Scientific has an opening for several Chemical Technicians for one of our top clients in Chandler, AZ
Shifts/Schedule: These are 6 month contract to hire opportunities!
• Thursday, Friday, Saturday and every other Wednesday 6am to 6pm
• Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and every other Saturday 6:15pm to 6:15am
SUMMARY: The Chemical Technician is responsible for carrying out a variety of roles within a production/ clean room environment.
• These can include, but are not limited to:
• Inventory management, shipping, receiving, chemical tracking, storeroom tracking, and product delivery.
• The Chemical Technician position requires knowledge and application of VWR and customer systems.
• Perform all receiving functions related to any chemical that is delivered to customer site locations. Identify and enter chemicals into the site container tracking system.
• Return to the stockroom any chemical so that the product is visible by others who may request and use.
• Properly re-name and barcode chemicals returned to the stockroom which may involve identifying, re-naming and bar-coding prior to placing into inventory.
• Determine proper chemical segregation and place item(s) in the appropriate location based on hazard classification.
• May locate, dispense, and prepare to ship or deliver chemicals in a timely basis.
• Create and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Daily fulfillment of chemical orders from customer, manage production chemical orders for deliver to POU locations throughout the Fab.
• Enter orders based on Intel production requirements in system after being checked for accuracy.
• Manage chemical inventory at multiple stocking locations through customer approved min/max levels.
• Delivers and picks up orders from bulk chemical stockrooms
• Segregates all incoming chemicals and those returned in the bulk chemical stockrooms by hazard class, DOT requirements, etc.
• Stores sensitive materials in Cold Storage Refrigerators
• Maintain regulatory lists and safety information in applicable systems for all tracked chemicals.
• Interface with customer on chemical orders and production requirements
• Perform coordination activities such as shipping customer material (including hazardous materials), answering customer calls, handling routine issues, operating manual carts, entering relevant shipping information into the customer computer system, and maintaining inspections on safety stations and equipment. Responsible for handling hazardous material.
• Perform purchasing functions such as providing level 2 and 3 SAP support (B/O, DFS, or 3P Support), managing quotes, document control, filing and records maintenance, sorting and monitoring reclaimed and recyclable material, resolving open invoices/pricing, and forecasting, etc Responsible for all customer service related functions including but not limited to: order entry, reporting, basic cross referencing and product conversions to VWR brand or best buy products, maintaining metrics, and cost avoidance, etc.
• Utilize VWR and customer computer systems (SAP, Citrix, Info Access, Intranet, StockTracker, ChemSW, and customer specific ERP systems as well as customer specific shipping systems) in fulfillment of job duties.
• Meet goals and objectives: revenue, safety, performance and quality.
• Train new Chemical Technicians on job aspects.
• Create programs for enhanced service efficiencies.
• High school diploma or GED required; 2-year technical degree or related experience preferred
• 2-5 years equivalent experience in material handling/inventory replenishment or customer service
• Understanding of chemical structures and compounds management, hazard classification and chemical segregation techniques
• Spill containment training, IATA, DOT, IMDG and OSHA Right to Know a plus
• Knowledge of VWRs products and services helpful
Apply Today! For more information contact Kevin at 602-548-1774 or email@example.com
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law