Location: Charlotte NC
Company Name: Caesarstone
Occupational Category: 11-3071.03,Logistics Managers
Date Posted: 2020-03-16
Valid Through: 2020-04-15
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
The EHS Manager will steward implementation of corporate safety expectations and provide support and strategic direction to operations management. Under the direction of the global EHS function, this position will provide leadership in the implementation of EHS programs, procedures, and education initiatives that are consistent with the development of a world class interdependent safety culture. This role will be specifically accountable for stewarding Caesarstone wide improvements in: occupational health and industrial hygiene, incident investigation and behavioral & Condition safety observations.
The responsibility of this role in securing compliance among Caesarstones IKEA affiliate fabricator network is accomplished via onsite audits, which are conducted to identify deficiencies. Subsequent follow-up is required to ensure said deficiencies are addressed within the established timelines. The audit portion of this role is conducted by coordinating audit timing with fabricators, scheduling travel, completing audit reports, etc. The follow-up portion of securing compliance requires a collaborative approach. As such, a qualified candidate must be skilled at preparing operating independently during the audit phase and as a team leader during the follow-up phase.
• Plan, develop, implement, coordinate, evaluate, and update Caesarstone's occupational health and safety policies, procedures and programs within North America DCs
• Develop annual health and safety plans for the company based on a full review of health and safety-related needs (assessment of hazards, analysis of database, audits, changing legislation and best practices), as well as silicosis education programs
• Provide all levels of the company with advice related to health and safety matters, legal requirements and best practices in the field
• Develop a matrix for training requirements, and assist in the development of rollout programs
• Develop and manage internal health and safety audits of the company, including risk assessments, at varying levels, and act as a trainer/advisor to internal auditors
• Coordinate inspections, investigations, and occupational health and safety activities within various departments
• Monitor, amend and update the organization's Health and Safety Handbook
• Supports Caesarstones key business objectives by communicating and stewarding the implementation of Safety and Health strategic initiatives and serving as safety and occupational health subject matter expert in assigned region.
• Creates a positive partnership with Facility Leadership and serves as point of contact for safety related matters.
• Provides coaching to local Operations/DC Managers to ensure technical competence and safety leadership development across the region.
• Lead or participate in investigations of serious incidents within assigned region. Examines and interprets incident data, identifies root cause with site leads, verifies corrective action
• Monitor site specific and regional health and safety KPIs and where appropriate, assists in the development of corrective and preventive action plans in conjunction with site and/or business unit operations management.
• Supervises corporate industrial hygienist and oversees annual occupational health and industrial hygiene programs.
• Supports corporate safety leadership training and auditing programs.
• Identifies gaps within the organization to better encourage a culture of safety
• Works with 3rd party Workers Compensation claims adjusters to ensure oversight; pending litigation, proper TRR/DART scores, and potential subrogation
• Aids the legal team in pending litigation
IKEA audit specific responsibilities:
• Conducts onsite audits of affiliate countertop fabricators
• Supports affiliate fabricators in developing appropriate Corrective Action Plans (CAP) based on audit results
• Validates fabricators corrective action documentation to close CAP points
• Participate in fabricator audits if/when conducted by IKEA
• Supports audits of Caesarstones manufacturing facilities in US and Israel
• Lead knowledge training sessions for IKEAs Standard to continually elevate the teams competency
• Work to align the IKEA IWAY Standard into a version to be carried out by Caesarstone to any sub-suppliers that are not in the IKEA network
• Review pending training material from the Marketing Team.
• With Service Techs, screen candidates for Caesarstones affiliate fabricator network for IWAY eligibility
• Attend relevant trainings to continually grow industry knowledge
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
• BS/MS from an accredited institution in Occupational Safety, Environmental Science, Chemistry or related field.
• Minimum 5 years of health, safety and environmental experience preferably in manufacturing or building materials industry, and at least 2 years in senior role.
• Knowledge and experience with applicable regulatory and third party standards.
• Business performance management.
• Basic manufacturing understanding and knowledge.
• High degree of independence and discipline in creating and adhering to own work schedule
• High-level organization skills are a must; ability to maintain focus and organization of multiple workstreams while travelling regularly for audits
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; will be interfacing regularly with affiliate fabricator network, Caesarstone coordinators and service techs, as well as IKEA Trading counterparts
• Ability to firmly drive actions and deliver business consequences of non-compliance to affiliate fabricators
• Must be competent presenter, to share knowledge with various levels and customers of the organization
• Ability to support and gain trust in multiple organizational levels
• Strong skills in strategy and prioritization.
• Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
• Interacts with employees, management and the public at large
• Lifting or moving up to 50 lbs. may be required
• Overtime may be required
• Regular Travel (up to 3 weeks per month) will be required across US and Canada visiting offices and Distribution Centers
In this role you will show leadership and initiative and will demonstrate an entrepreneurial flair along with creativity and self-motivation. You must be able to work independently and must have the capacity to multitask. As a high performer you will consistently be able to bring initiatives to full completion without close supervision.