Location: Charlotte NC
Company Name: Duke Energy
Occupational Category: 11-9199.00,Managers, All Other
Date Posted: 2020-02-22
Valid Through: 2020-03-23
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you’ll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
This position is part of the Environmental, Health, and Safety Co-op Program. Environmental, Health, and Safety manages Duke Energy’s overall environmental program including functions of Governance, Environmental Compliance, and Scientific Services. Co-ops may support Environmental, Health, and Safety by providing support of state and federal environmental regulations and permits, siting, licensing/relicensing for Duke Energy’s electric generation and power delivery systems throughout the enterprise. This department is responsible for Analytical, Biological, Physical/Chemical Services, Auditing, Data Analysis & Management, and Permitting and Compliance Field Support An Environmental, Health, and Safety Co-op supports staff professionals who manage the inspection and oversight of environmental projects and components at Duke Energy’s generating stations. This can include but is not limited to site work air, water, waste treatment systems, pollution control systems and other compliance and permitting related activities. Field work may include contact with state and federal agency officials.
This co-op position is for students pursuing a four year degree in engineering, environmental, science, biology, bio-systems, or other related field of study.
• Currently enrolled and pursuing a four-year degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Environmental Technology and Management, Fisheries, Wildlife, and Conservation Biology,
• Natural Resources, Natural Resource Management, Applied Ecology, Water Quality and Water Resources, and Chemistry.
• Ability to work a minimum of three co-op sessions (only one co-op can be during the summer session)
• Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
• Valid driver’s license
• Based on a 4-point scale, a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Previous engineering experience working as an intern or co-op
• Background in air, water, or land issues is desired.
• Desire to pursue a career in the energy industry
• Demonstrated ability to work independently
Qualification & Experience:
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated history of achievements and personal performance
• Demonstrated leadership qualities through effective decision making
• Works effectively with others from diverse backgrounds to solve problems and implement solutions
• Demonstrated technical proficiency in use of computers, software, and engineering applications
• Demonstrated time management skills
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A