Location: Charlotte NC
Company Name: Lear Corporation
Occupational Category: 17-2111.01,Industrial Safety and Health Engineers
Date Posted: 2020-02-21
Valid Through: 2020-03-22
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Tracking Code4049-015 Job DescriptionPOSITION TITLE: Health and Safety Manager
Reports to: Human Resources Mgr Department: HR
Division: Seating Location: Kenansville, NC
The Health and Safety Manager is responsible for partnering with the Kenansville, NC operations team to execute company safety policies and ensure compliance with all applicable federal, local and regional regulations. This role leads continuous improvement initiatives to reduce safety risks in our processes to ensure a safe and healthy working environment. The Health and Safety Manager is responsible for building trust and confidence with the production employees and influence positive change.
• Review, revise or prepare written safety and health programs and policies. Communicates to Operations Manager and ensures training and compliance.
• Leads change internally to comply with all aspects of Lear’s Seven Key Elements – A Guide to World Class Safety.
• Identify company safety/OSHA required training needs. Complete matrix to ensure all training is completed in a timely fashion to ensure compliance.
• Develops and delivers OSHA compliant training programs.
• Develop annual facility safety and health goals and communicate those goals to members of the management team and facility. Manage events calendar to ensure compliance with outside agency reporting.
• Participate in new process or layout reviews including process hazard analyses. Assist in development of operator safety training.
• Champion job safety analysis program. Development, implementation and review. Conduct ergonomic analysis of key areas and recommend/implement new procedures.
• Support corporate/plant engineering to implement engineering controls to minimize safety and occupational health hazards.
• Promote safety and health awareness through internal company memoranda, newsletters and specific training programs.
• Understand Federal and State occupational safety and health regulations. Advise Human Resources Manager of regulatory changes with which the facility must comply.
• Monitor work related injuries and illnesses, including investigations, conduct root cause analysis with participation of safety committee and plant supervision. Note plant success or failure when appropriate. Assist with corrective actions where needed and follow up to ensure timely implementation.
• Analyze injury data and spend significant amount of time on production floor to identify and drive needed safety improvement projects.
• Champion the plant safety committee.
• Coordinates facility compliance with all OSHA regulatory requirements
• Administration, monitoring and closure of worker’s compensation claims.
• Conduct plant safety audits regularly.
• Perform other required duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree. (Waived for related years of experience)
• Minimum 5 years safety experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
• Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
• Ability to effectively work with all levels of employees from shop floor to senior executives. Ability to enlist needed cooperation in implementing corporate goals and regulatory requirements.
• Ability to effectively deal with regulatory agencies, consultants and other contractor personnel. Detail oriented.
• Proven record of strong leadership and empowerment efforts.
• Proven ability to perform short and long range planning.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills & project and program management skills. Strong passion for driving improvement thru EHS.
The company reserves to right to modify or change the job duties at any timeJob Location Kenasville, North Carolina, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular