Location: Charlotte NC
Company Name: Oracle
Occupational Category: 17-2112.01,Human Factors Engineers and Ergonomists
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems.May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses.Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction.May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations.May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment.Fully competent in own area of expertise.May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel.BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.Typically four years of software engineering or related experience needed.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Are you a well-rounded designer looking to join a high-performing Design team where your impact will be felt immediately?AtOracle Utilities | Opower*, we know that by engaging utilities customers about their energy use, we can help them lower their bills and reduce energy usage.We are passionate about helping utilities and their customers move toward a clean energy future.
We are hiring for an experienced designer/developer or developer with a strong design sense to take part in interdisciplinary projects and bring his/her own unique talents to our Design team dynamic.We re a small team, and you will contribute to several different elements of our product suite, reaching millions of people across the globe.As aUX Designer/Developer, you ll work with multiple product teams to design new features and translate designs into functional front-end code.
A portfolio is required.We want to see your hands-on work that demonstrate your skills, process and creativity for approaching interesting challenges.
About the Team
We re a tight-knit multi-disciplinary team of 16, responsible for a large product footprint.We re passionate about our mission and inspired by the power of design.Together, we bring a broad set of skills and capabilities to our collective, and we are always working to better integrate our talents in service of more effective solutions.
To learn more about us, please visit our UX team site:https://ux.opower.com/
What You ll Make Happen:
• Get up to speed on Opower products and behavioral science fundamentals
• Become fluent in Opower s visual design patterns and our front-end framework
• Establish functional collaboration with fellow designers in your product group
• Conduct user research to support your design process
• Provide ongoing support to PMs and engineers during development project rollouts
• Contribute to Oracle s Design culture with your own unique talents, and grow your career down a path that s right for you
You Get Excited By:
• The intersection of design and development: you easily jump from Sketch to code and back without skipping a beat.If you re sketching a new idea on paper, your brain is already working out how to implement the idea in CSS.
• Trying out new technologies: you know CSS through-and-through, and you re excited about newer technologies like Sass, LESS, or Stylus
• Articulating the various principles of responsive and adaptive design
• Dabbling with frameworks like AngularJS or React
• Designing for the underserved: you love accessible designs and technologies that meet the needs of consumers and professionals alike.
• At least 4 years designing and prototyping with a user experience team; stable work history
• Strong development skills in front end development
• A portfolio of well-designed, user-centered projects: show us projects that demonstrate your enthusiasm for toeing the line between design and code.We want to see user-friendly product designs that showcase your dev skills, process, and creativity for solving interesting challenges.
• BA/BS in a design-oriented discipline (or equivalent work experience)
Position Location: Open to qualified candidates based in any US-location; will work remotely from home office or closest Oracle office.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~end of relevant info
Job: *Product Development
Title: User Experience (UX) Designer / Developer - Oracle Utilities
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 19001FUL