Location: Charlotte NC
Company Name: Morris-Jenkins
Occupational Category: 53-3033.00,Light Truck or Delivery Services Drivers
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Do you hate the monotony of some jobs? Do you like every day to be different?
Do you feel accomplished when you cross things off a to-do list?
Do you have a couple years of experience with warehouse tasks?
You’re exactly the person we need! How would you like to be our Warehouse Utility Worker?
The Short Version
You read the intro, and you really feel like this is the job for you! You wanna get straight to the point—you don’t wanna read all the little details!
• We’re located in Charlotte, North Carolina
• You get 7 paid holidays and generous PTO
• You’ll have all the usual insurances available (medical, dental, vision, etc.), as well as a 401(k)
• You’ll be in charge of cleaning and maintaining the truck court
• You’ll help clean vehicles, set up for events, and keep up with general maintenance (drywall, painting, basic facility repairs, etc.)
Wanna learn more about this opportunity? We’d love to tell you why this is a great fit for you!
We’ll take care of you here. You’ll have plenty of benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Long & Short-Term Disability AND Life Insurance, a Flexible Spending Account, and a 401(k) Retirement Plan are just some of the perks available so you and your family can relax, knowing you’re covered. In fact, you even get plenty of paid time off to use however you’d like. Cool job, huh?
All About YOU
You’re a task-driven person. You love accomplishing things and keeping busy. This job is perfect for you! Whether it’s a loose toilet seat or a scrape on the wall, when you see something that could use some love and attention, you can fix it up and get it looking like new again! And you aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty.
You’re what they call a Jack or Jill of all trades. You’re good at lots of things, and you enjoy doing different tasks throughout the day. You don’t have to worry about this job getting boring—every day will be different from the last.
As a Warehouse Utility Worker, you’ll work closely with the warehouse. This means you might have to use a forklift sometimes. Don’t worry if you’ve never done it before! We’ll teach you and get you certified.
You’re independent and good at working on your own. You don’t need someone holding your hand every step of the way. Good news! You’ll get plenty of freedom to get your job done here without someone breathing down your neck. You’re responsible and dependable. That’s why you’re perfect for this!
What to Expect
As our Warehouse Utility Worker:
• You’ll keep the truck court and surrounding facility clean and safe
• You’ll perform maintenance and facility repairs
• You’ll assist in facility set-up for events
• You’ll operate a forklift, pallet jack, and motor vehicles
• You’ll perform minor repairs and facility upkeep
You love feeling needed, and you don’t want a boring and repetitive job. You’re ready for a job that appreciates your versatility.
There’s no one out there quite like you, and there’s no company out there quite like us. Did you know Morris-Jenkins even won the Charlotte Observer’s “Top Workplace” award in 2016, 2018, and 2019? Here, we love celebrating! We have huge company breakfasts, fiestas, and an Ugly Christmas Sweater contest. This isn’t just a job, we aren’t just a company, and you aren’t just an employee. Here, you’re family!
You’re looking for a job where you’re important.
This application is the most important thing you could do right now.
The Super-Fun HR Stuff
• Two (2) years of experience in Warehouse related activities
• Valid Driver’s license and acceptable DMV record
• Must be able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced stressful environment
• Basic computer skills; experience in data entry within databases, spreadsheets, and have the ability to enter data in “real time” quickly and accurately
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to tactfully and diplomatically diffuse contentious situations
• Ability to recognize and establish priorities
• Strong customer orientation and communication skills
• Ability to quickly analyze a situation and provide an effective solution
• Ability to become forklift certified
• Ability to fluently speak, write, and read English language
• High school diploma or GED
• Additional prior Warehouse related experience
• Ability to become EPA certified
Mental & Physical Demands and Work Environment: The characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a person to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions per the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). This job description is subject to change and does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the person is frequently required to traverse throughout the warehouse, office, and outside while operating a forklift, pallet jack, motor vehicle, and occasionally computer or other office equipment. Occasionally ascends/descends stairs to access attic storage. Frequently moves objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Must be able to identify and inspect equipment and parts.
Mental Demands: Must be able to perceive and distinguish emotions in telephone conversations, as well as deal with adversarial confrontations. Requires an ability to concentrate and prioritize multiple tasks at once.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job the noise level is usually moderate. Occasionally requires exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Must maintain confidentiality with customer information.
• Additional hours are seasonally required and Holidays as needed
• Must have reliable attendance and flexible schedule availability
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status