Location: Columbus OH
Company Name: Service Experts
Occupational Category: 49-3023.00,Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Under minimum supervision, performs diagnostic and service work on commercial (rooftop) HVAC equipment and accessories. Communicates with commercial customer to answer questions, resolve problems, and ensure complete customer satisfaction. Works under the direction of the Field Supervisor or Branch Manager.
• $1,500 sign on bonus for Columbus, Ohio commercial HVAC service technicians (to be paid in full after 90 days of employment)*
• Works under minimum supervision to perform commercial (rooftop) service and maintenance calls, following company and customer safety protocols.
• Analyzes, diagnoses, and resolves customer problems in a courteous, professional, timely, and accurate manner.
• Diagnosis and performs service on commercial heating, air conditioning, boilers and associated equipment, ventilation, and refrigeration equipment as well as accessories in an accurate and timely manner.
• Inspects equipment to identify potential problems to prevent premature and unexpected breakdowns or callbacks.
• Completes routine maintenance and equipment cleaning as needed or required.
• Responsible for delivery and removal of parts and equipment needed to complete service work.
• Using hand-held device records all required information on customer call. Completes all forms and paperwork in a neat, timely, complete, and accurate manner.
• Communicates with dispatch while on duty to ensure dispatcher has an accurate status report of activities and availability.
• Responsible for delivery of excellent customer service and sustaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Promotes products and services to the customer. Calls Lead Coordinator with specifics on replacement product sales leads generated from customer service visit.
• Ensures company property, vehicles, and tools are being used, maintained and properly accounted for.
• Represent our company professionally, honestly, and ethically in all business matters and activities.
• Following standard procedures and process, ensures that the company vehicle is properly stocked, returns defective warranty parts to branch, and orders/replenishes vehicle stock as needed.
• May train other commercial service/maintenance/install technicians, as assigned.
• Performs similar/other duties as needed or assigned.
• High school diploma or GED with additional training and experience in all aspects of commercial HVAC with NATE certification preferred.
• Must possess all valid licensing or certification as required by federal, state, provincial, or local governmental laws or regulations for the geographical work area.
• Skilled at servicing commercial (rooftop) heating, air conditioning, boilers and associated equipment, and ventilation equipment as well as related accessories.
• Proficient mechanical aptitude and the ability to operate all necessary tools and equipment.
• Proficient and able to operate all necessary tools and equipment to perform various service projects.
• Proficient at reading wiring diagrams and troubleshoot problems with electrical, refrigerant, and duct systems on commercial HVAC equipment.
• Proficient and able to properly start up and balance airflow on all commercial systems with little or no supervision.
• Proficient and able to install a basic duct fitting.
• Skilled at troubleshooting and repairing refrigeration systems, hot water systems, steam boiler systems, and related commercial equipment with little or no supervision.
• Effective communication skills to communicate with customer and resolve customer issues, complaints, or concerns.
• Effective and efficient time-management and organizational skills.
• Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
• Two years’ experience performing service and maintenance work on commercial HVAC equipment and related accessories.
• Available to work flexible hours and on-call shifts as needed.
• Ability to stand and walk and to climb ladders and attic stairs and to maneuver in attics, basements, and crawl spaces to access HVAC units. Ability to continually climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
• Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception.
• Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 50