Location: Columbus OH
Company Name: State of Ohio
Occupational Category: 15-1151.00,Computer User Support Specialists
Date Posted: 2020-02-17
Valid Through: 2020-03-18
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
The Office of Real Estate & Planning is seeking a highly motivated, energetic, and experienced individual to prepare original design work for state projects, and review work performed by engineers & suggest corrections & improvements.
• Determines interior space & facility needs including tenant improvements for state agencies, boards, commissions & elected officials
• Meets with housing coordinators & contacts, building owners, contractors, furniture & equipment vendors, building management & trades personnel to obtain information, monitor project activities & communicate change orders
• Prepares & develops space layouts, drawings & performance plans (e.g., design proposals, demolition plans, construction plans, electrical plans, furniture plans & reflected ceiling plans) using computer-aided design & drafting (CADD) software & systems
• Reviews & ensures accuracy of blueprints, drawings, layouts & performance plans prepared by engineering, architectural or design personnel or Office of Real Estate & Planning
• Coordinates & reviews bids, proposals, engineering work & specifications, estimates & plans for tenant & building improvements with other department offices & state entity clientele
• Inspects projects & monitors progress
• Ensures compliance with approved drawings, plans, applicable codes, regulations & standards.Acts as coordinator for design segment of projects:
• Develops & implements building improvement & planning & design activities for state agencies, boards, commissions, & elected officials housed in state-owned buildings & privately leased facilities
• Counsels state entity personnel, contractors & building owners on planning & design practices, policies & procedures;
• Assists in development of planning & design standards & space allocation methodologies; participates in building occupant strategies & programs
• Advises & consults state entities on procedures for relocating aspects of moving staff & equipment
• Researches & analyzes materials, information & program activity within assigned area of responsibilities
• Coordinates & acts as liaison with state agencies, boards, commissions, elected officials & other building occupants to facilitate various phases of Department's space management program
• Coordinates with & directs building management staff in services & other accommodations necessary for managing space occupied by state entity clientele & other building occupants
• Reviews space concerns & needs from building occupants
• Reports findings & proposes corrective action.12 mos.
as Design Specialist 1, 85821 or in comparable position involving performance of engineering design work.
• Or 3 yrs.
in engineering or engineering design technology which included 1 course or 3 mos.
in one of following:
shop math, geometry, trigonometry or calculus & 1 course or 3 mos.
in reading blueprints &/or specifications