Location: Columbus OH
Company Name: Addison Group
Occupational Category: 17-3013.00,Mechanical Drafters
Date Posted: 2020-02-14
Valid Through: 2020-03-15
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Construct dimensional relationship of one part to another and a relationship of various parts to entire project, utilizing knowledge of engineering practices and mathematics.
• Create sketches of proposed drawings using Autodesk Inventor.
• Modify drawings as directed by engineer.
• Prepare concrete structure and formwork drawings for assigned projects incorporating information from project drawings, bulletins, sketches, RFI responses and shop drawings.
• Assist in the design and detailing of forming systems.
• Review and analyze the project documents identifying drawing and specification conflict, insufficient information, and missing dimensions, while contributing ideas to enhance project productivity and cost efficiency.
• Prepare quantity takeoffs and estimates as required.
• Coordinate planning, ordering, inventory control and transportation of materials and equipment.
• Review new bulletins and change orders to identify and quantify changes and incorporate changes into project drawings.
• Notify engineer or sales of changes that might impact material and costs.
• Ensure efficient inventory control and storage of shop drawings and contract documents.
• Contribute to the operations safety goals by identifying and communicating potential hazards during the detailing stage.
• Proactively work to enhance job related skills and acquire overall knowledge of forming and framing systems through study, training and hands on participation in project coordination activities.
• Perform special projects and complete all other duties as assigned or requested.
• Makes final sketch of proposed drawing, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
• Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
• Makes any adjustments or changes necessary or desired.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.