Location: Columbus OH
Company Name: Oracle
Occupational Category: 15-1199.02,Computer Systems Engineers/Architects
Date Posted: 2020-02-09
Valid Through: 2020-03-10
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Midmarket Enterprise Cloud Architect
Applicants should be very senior IT architects, Head of IT Architecture or CTOs, with significant experience of helping businesses transform their IT approach - for example by moving to a standardized, consolidated and more agile IT estate, application modernization and rationalization, or exploitation of data.
The Oracle Cloud Architect will be working close - depending on each case - with Oracle Sales to develop new business as well as to position Oracle's Solutions at the heart of the largest transformations including focus on solutions based on Oracle Public Cloud Services.
Oracle Cloud Architects bridge the gap between business and technology -speaking the value language of business and technology Clevel individuals. They combine a deep understanding of technology, applications, industry best practices, business processes and architectural patterns to drive IT transformation initiatives that meet the business objectives of our customers.
Ideal Candidates will be seasoned senior level professionals who not only possess deep experience with technology transformation but also significant experience in applications
• Lead and execute with a cloud first mind set helping customers realize benefits of an Oracle cloud based architecture
• Actively show the value of Oracle cloud solutions as part of engaging with customers - strong focus on AppDev and DevOps expected.
• Exercise creativity, independent judgment and business acumen in selecting methods and techniques to design non-routine and very complex business solutions utilizing Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs.
• Interact with all roles at customer - including CIO, CTO, IT Architects, technical staff and Business representatives
• Articulate case for change
• Lead detailed discovery analysis
• Conduct repeatable strategy, architecture, roadmap and planning workshops
• Provide assessment of current state architecture and recommendation of future state architecture
• Provide detailed sizing and associated justification
• Identify and evangelize key business and technology benefits of adoption
• Provide roadmap and migration methodology and identify quick wins
• Advise on organizational impact of solutions
• Remain fully aware of relevant architectural programs and assets from Oracle worldwide Skills required:
• Wide background including architecture, implementation and delivery of largescale hardware and software systems in real-world situations
• Cloud Architecture Development
• Ability to walk up the cloud stack (IaaS, PaaS, Saas) model with modern terminology and relevance.
• Wide knowledge of IT market and trends
• Knowledge of full Oracle stack including Oracle Public Cloud Services(ideally)
• Some specific knowledge of cloud competitors including AWS and Azure
• Some specific knowledge of Oracle and competitor hardware solutions
• Some specific knowledge of Oracle database and middleware technology
• Some specific knowledge of Oracle applications
• Some specific knowledge of Oracle industry solutions
• Detailed knowledge of architectural approaches including consolidation, cloud computing, virtualization, disaster recovery, information management, big data, java applications, Oracle and non Oracle applications
• Significant C-level presentation experience
• Open to travel is requiredDetailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: Pre Sales
Location: US-NC,North Car-Raleigh
Other Locations: US-GA,Georgia-Atlanta, US-OH,Ohio-Cleveland
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire