Location: Dallas TX
Company Name: Brandt Companies
Occupational Category: 25-9031.01,Instructional Designers and Technologists
Date Posted: 2020-02-08
Valid Through: 2020-03-09
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and knowledge transfer.
• Assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, or consultation with managers, instructors, or customer representatives.
• Develop training materials and outlines in conformance with selected instructional methods, utilizing knowledge of specified training needs and the most effective training delivery methods, such as self-paced, individual coaching, group instruction, meetings, and workshops.
• Determine and develop training methods to be used to educate employees on changes in policies, procedures, regulations, and technologies/systems.
• Select and/or develop teaching aids, such as handbooks, manuals, multimedia visual aids, and reference works.
• Present information using a variety of instructional techniques or formats, such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, or lectures.
• Develop alternative training methods if expected improvements are not seen.
• Perform additional assignments as requested/needed.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
• Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
• Experience utilizing software to develop web-based training (Adobe Captivate, Articulate, SCORM creator, etc..)
• 2+ years of experience instructing others in a classroom or educational setting
• 4-yr degree in education, human resources, or business development (or equivalent combinations of formal education and training experience)
• 2+ years of construction or service industry experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills
• Exceptional in writing and research methods
• Articulate public speaker; skilled in interpersonal relations and group dynamics
• Outstanding organizational skills
Ranked as a Top 50 Specialty Contractor in ENR Magazine, Brandt is one of the largest MEP firms in the United States. We perform the entire mechanical and/or electrical phases of large commercial, institutional and industrial construction projects. Brandt is headquartered in Carrollton, Texas, and maintains additional regional offices in Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, San Antonio and Waco.
The Brandt Companies, LLC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity, minority/female/veteran/disabled employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age (40 or older), national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other category protected by law