Location: Dearborn MI
Company Name: Ford Motor Company
Occupational Category: 17-2112.00,Industrial Engineers
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
The Embedded Software Feature Tester – Quality Assurance is responsible for creating and executing test cases based on the software specification for Ford’s Sync infotainment system. This includes features such as navigation, media, entertainment, phone, voice, and vehicle interfaces.
• Develop and execute functional test scenarios and test utilizing user stories contained within Agile Sprints.
• Review project requirements to ensure requirements are testable
• Clearly document software defects encountered during the testing process
• Work with feature engineers to reproduce and troubleshoot defects found in the system.
• Participate in root cause analysis of hardware quality problems and software defects
• Participate in system design, documentation, and testing to deliver a best in-class infotainment system
• During sprint planning provide estimates on the amount of time needed to complete testing related tasksMinimum Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
• 3+ years authoring and executing functional test scenarios
• 5+ years authoring and executing functional test scenarios
• Proficiency of C/C++ language, Python, HTML5, GNU toolchain, and Unix: QNX, Linux, or equivalent
• Proficiency with serial data communication including: CAN, LIN, I2C, and SPI
• Proficiency with bus interfaces including: USB, PCI, SDIO, and memory mapped interfaces
• Proficiency with consumer electronic protocols including: Bluetooth, USB, and Wi-Fi
• Proficiency with revision control including: git, subversion, or equivalent
• Working knowledge and experience developing an infotainment feature technology, such as navigation, voice recognition, media phone, or a similar technology
• Excellent project management skills, customer focus, as well as written and oral communication skills
• Automotive product development process and quality experience (i.e., ASPICE, FMEA, etc.)
• Working knowledge of Agile software development practices
The distance between imagination and … creation. It can be measured in years of innovation, or in moments of brilliance. When you join the Ford team discover all the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you’d expect from a diverse global leader. You’ll become part of a team that is already leading the way, with ingenious solutions and attainable products – and it is always ready to go further.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status