Location: Denton TX
Company Name: University of North Texas
Occupational Category: 13-1199.00,Business Operations Specialists, All Other
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
The mission of the Office of Grants and Contracts Administration (OGCA) at UNT is to work with researchers, faculty and staff in securing and administering external funding, for research and other creative works that are consistent with UNT's Mission and Four Bold Goals. We serve the campus by providing information, tools, guidance and assistance for proper administration and stewardship of sponsored funds to meet both sponsor obligations and institutional requirements efficiently and effectively. OGCA serves as advocates of UNT and its research activities and programs in all our transactions and communications with external entities.
The Office of Grants & Contracts Administration at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Grants & Contracts Specialist to join its team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, Pre-Award and non-financial Post-Award tasks:
• Interpret sponsor guidelines and submit proposal applications for external funding to sponsoring agencies with varying legal and financial requirements.
• Reviews proposals and budgets for compliance to applicable regulations and policies.
• Acts as liaison for University to sponsors, faculty, and staff.
• Reviews award terms and conditions for acceptance, ensures research compliance issues are addressed, facilitates sponsor changes to awards based on regulatory or funding changes, sets up new awards, facilitates project close-outs, and assists with audits.
• Responsible for remaining current on issues in the field of research administration.
• Resolves simple issues independently; refers more complex issues to higher levels.
• Attends training and performs other duties as assigned.The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, accounting, public administration, higher education, or other related field and two years of professional business administration, grant and contract administration, or related work experience, or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are required:
• High level math/accounting skills, strong reading comprehension skills, ability to interpret guidelines and instructions.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and customer service.Requisition Number: 155784
Job Title: Grants and Contracts Specialist
Official Title: Grants and Contracts Specialist
Position Number: 00009986
Department: Grants & Contracts Admin - 190100
Is this an internal posting only?: No
Is this a security sensitive position?: Yes
Driving a University Vehicle?: No
Job Open Date: 11-06-2019
Job Close Date: Open Until Filled
Pay Rate: Salary commensurate with experience
Pay Basis: Monthly
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
Quicklink for Posting: jobs.unt.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=66917
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Special Instructions to Applicants: Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application