Location: Denver CO
Company Name: Transwest
Occupational Category: 49-3023.02,Automotive Specialty Technicians
Date Posted: 2020-04-03
Valid Through: 2020-04-23
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Join the best professional diesel engine technicians at Transwest. Work on Freightliner and Western Star products, Detroit Diesel, CAT, Cummins and more. All locations offer clean, safe working conditions, with the latest tooling and computer diagnostic equipment. By becoming a member of the Transwest family, you can also take advantage of the certification program to expand your skills and further your career and be the best in the field.
Come and Join our All Fleet Service and state of the art environment! We offer competitive wages and a full benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(K), paid holidays, paid vacation/personal time, and an employee car discount program and make up to $35.50 an hour.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Perform work as outlined in repair order.
• Perform all work with efficiency and accuracy in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
• Diagnose and repair vehicle malfunction.
• Communicate with the parts department to secure necessary parts.
• Advise shop foreman and provide recommendation if repair order needs to be adjusted.
• Road test vehicles as needed for quality assessment.
• Maintain working knowledge of factory technical bulletins.
• Ensure customer vehicle cleanliness.
• Maintain neat and orderly work area.
• Accountable for all dealership owned tools.
• Uphold federal, state and local regulations governing the disposal of hazardous waste.
• Perform job duties and functions with flexibility in the event circumstances shift, i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technology developments.
• WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
• Required to perform work inside and outside, in all-weather situations, at the shop division location.
• Requires frequent sitting, standing, balancing, bending or stooping for prolonged periods of time.
• Manual dexterity, fine manipulation and the ability to reach with hands and arms and lift up to 80 lbs.
• Must be able to operate simple to complex and heavy-duty machinery.
• Normal range of hearing and vision.
• REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Valid driver's license with the ability to obtain a CDL within 90 days of employment.
• Diesel Engine Technology Certifications/Education is a plus.
• Knowledge/Experience in Detroit, Mack, CAT, International, Cummins, Mercedes, etc a plus!
• Candidate must have experience diagnosing and repairing diesel trucks/RVs
• Candidate must be a motivated individual who can work independently.
• Candidate must possess a complete set of hand tools with rollaway toolbox.
• Excellent verbal and communication skills
• Detail oriented
• Ability to successfully pass a General Abilities Assessment and Post-offer background check, physical and drug screening.
• PREFERRED CERTIFICATIONS:
• DTNA Heavy Duty Truck Systems, DTNA Electrical Trouble Shooting, DTNA Electronic Systems, DTNA HVAC, DTNA M2 Certification.
• Freightliner Cascadia Expert Certification
• Western Star Expert Certification
• DD15 Major Repair, DD15 Advanced Diagnostics, Series 60 Major Repair
• Cummins ISX, ISL, ISM, ISB, ISC Engine
• Allison Transmission
• Eaton Transmission
• ASE Master
Date Posted: 12-18-2019