Location: Denver CO
Company Name: Alvarez & Marsal
Occupational Category: 11-2021.00,Marketing Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
We are searching for an Operations Director to support the Global Transaction Tax team (M&A Tax) within A&M Taxand. The Global Transaction Tax (GTT) team is a national fast-growing dynamic team located in New York, DC, Miami, Chicago, Denver, and San Francisco. The Chief of Staff will have immediate priorities outlined by the Head of the GTT practice and will continue to evolve as the organization continues to grow. This role ideally sits in New York, but open to other locations where we have presence.
The GTT team is part of the bigger A&M Tax division of A&M. There is an operations team at the A&M Tax divisional level. This role will need to work in close partnership with the divisional CFO, Chief People Officer, and Head of Business Development on implementing national priorities, customizing national approaches to the GTT team, and raising GTT needs and best practices to the divisional level.
This role demands a business professional capable of balancing strategic thinking planning, project and process management, operations and execution with exceptional communications capabilities and judgment.
As The Operations Director for GTT, You Will:
• Manage and improve the process for staff allocation to projects. This is a very dynamic process that requires knowledge of currently active projects and where they are in their lifecycle and knowledge on each team member work allocation across the projects. There is opportunity to improve process and technology to improve dynamic reallocation of staff to projects.
• Be accountable for recruiting and onboarding of new team members in collaboration with the divisional operations staff.
• Keep the pulse of the team by staying closely connected with all the team members, across locations and career levels to proactively identify any innovation opportunities, retention risks, morale issues, etc.
• Own the execution and content of the monthly team calls, Managing Director calls, training sessions and any additional GTT communications (emails, etc.)
• Manage the annual GTT training conference planning and execution in collaboration with the divisional operations team
• Run a wide variety of financial scenario modeling, including but not limited to annual account planning, financial plan, year-end compensation, etc.
• Own GTT-specific process improvements and action plans driven by the annual staff engagement survey
• Be ready to drive new initiatives originated by the Head of GTT and/or Head of A&M Tax
To Be Effective In This Role, You Should Be:
• Highly engaged, goal oriented, with a strong sense of ownership
• Deeply organized, reliable and highly attentive to detail
• Good with process, with a bias towards execution
• Gracious and able to work well with a range of stakeholders
• Able to "rally the troops" on a wide variety of tasks while using your influence to lead from behind
• Confident managing up; not a "yes person," if something doesn't make sense, you question it
• Emotionally intelligent, empathetic and a trusted sounding board
• Trustworthy with the most sensitive of information
• Skills And Qualifications
• BA/BS degree required; MBA from a top-tier university preferred
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong financial and business acumen; understands key business drivers and performance levers
• Excellent executive communicator in both written and verbal form
• Strong personal presentation; able to serve as a proxy for the executive team in a range of settings
• Proven ability to operate in complex matrix environments, build relationships and problem-solve without direct oversight of resources
• Fluent in all tools of MSFT Office, with strong financial modeling, Excel and PowerPoint skills