Location: Denver CO
Company Name: Gusto
Occupational Category: 11-1021.00,General and Operations Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Gusto is seeking a high energy, results-oriented, inspirational Operations leader with proven ability to work well and influence cross-functionally to scale our Tax Resolution team. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about providing small business owners with the best customer experience in the world while improving workflows and creating efficiency gains in an ever-changing environment for scale. You will lead a payroll and tax focused organization by empowering and enabling your direct managers to effectively drive their business areas forward.
The Tax Resolution team sits within the Customer Operations org is at the core of providing services that give our customers peace-of-mind. Customer Operations exists to ensure impeccable delivery of key customer needs. There are thousands of critical operational tasks that are completed for our customers accurately and on time, every time, in a proactive and scalable manner. It’s a small, tight, fun group that works hard and laughs a lot. No egos here — we collaborate and help each other out in a positive environment.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
• Foster a culture of engagement and excitement to bring out customer driven results where Gusties feel empowered to put customers first, and develop their careers within the organization.
• Lead strategic direction for Gusto’s payroll customers including identifying emerging technologies and implementing systems to ensure operational excellence and in turn exceptional customer outcomes.
• Directly responsible for execution of quarterly and annual objectives.
• Leader of change management in planning and facilitating organization-wide improvement to the customer experience.
• Scale the Tax Resolution team by increasing team efficiency and working cross-functionally with onboarding, product and engineering teams.
• Solicit regular internal and external customer feedback to lead continuous process improvements to the customer experience.
• Empower a team of managers and individual contributors.
Here’s what we're looking for:
• 5 years minimum of people management experience in CX and technology
• 2+ years leading other managers, setting strategic vision, and empowering high-performance teams
• BA/BS degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience preferred
• Proven track record of delivering an extremely high level of satisfaction across a customer base while also taking pride in driving operational efficiencies
• Ability to think globally and strategically, influencing change across multiple business units and functions
• Customer-first mentality and a first-principle-thinking approach to innovate in delivering a world class customer service experience
• Thrives in a faced-paced environment with constant change and a rapidly growing team; is able to make measured, objective, data-driven decisions on a daily basis
• Bonus points for experience within the payroll industry
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto