Location: Denver CO
Company Name: Aegon Asset Management
Occupational Category: 41-1012.00,First-Line Supervisors of Non-Retail Sales Workers
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Job FamilyDivision Sales
Job Description SummaryInternal Wholesaler-RetirementThe people of Transamerica bring expertise, creativity and heart to everything that we do - and to the communities where we live and work. We believe that achieving a secure future requires both smart financial planning and a healthy lifestyle. The solutions we offer help our customers throughout their lives, whether it is saving and investing, protecting themselves and their loved ones, or preparing for an active and meaningful retirement. Are you a self-starter that is looking for a career in sales where you will have opportunities to grow into your role with a career path ahead of you? Do you want to work for an organization that has a culture of training and developing its future leaders? If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!We are seeking candidates with Retirement experience in one or more the following product lines to join our team!Job Description
What Success Looks Like
• Strong ability to establish and maintain ongoing relationships with Regional Vice Presidents (RVP) with a common goal of increasing Transamerica’s market share in the retirement space.
• Provide dedicated sales support and service to financial professionals through proactive calling and web-based meetings
• Document activity in the CRM system (i.e. appointments, sales calls, monthly call campaigns and sales opportunities etc.).
• Actively participate in the development and successful execution of the territory business plan.
• Productively work together and collaborate with other home office departments
• Demonstrate excellent listening skills to better assess a representative's needs and determine the type of sales support necessary to accomplish the objective and add value to the products.
• Keep the Sales Desk Manager appraised of any training or development needs that will result in greater performance and personal growth.
• Other duties as assigned
The Expertise We Are Looking For
• BS or BA degree required or equivalent industry experience.
• For positions within Retirement, candidates must hold the following licenses:
• Currently holds Series 6/7 Securities License
• Must have Series 63 or obtain within 3 months of hire
• Intermediate level computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office Suite etc.
• Experience working with group retirement plans
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Critical SkillsAt Transamerica, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
• Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
• Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving to reach a well-reasoned solution.
• Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
• Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
• Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
What You Receive
Build a Successful Career: As an Internal Wholesaler, not only are you rewarded for your performance, but you will also have an opportunity to develop and foster the necessary skills that will enable you to continually advance in your career.
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well, a Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program.
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
• Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration
• Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution
• Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo
• Customer Centricity encourages an above average and beyond approach to our customers
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Learn more about our Total Rewards Package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. Please contact: email@example.com if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
Our Company is committed to providing accessibility to those with disabilities in a manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity, that is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 ("AODA"). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.
At Transamerica, hard work, innovative thinking and personal accountability are qualities that we honor and reward. We understand the potential that is unleashed by leveraging the talents of a diverse workforce. We embrace an environment where employees enjoy a balance between their careers, families, communities and personal interests. Ultimately, we appreciate the uniqueness of a company where talented professionals work collaboratively in a positive environment focused on helping customers secure their long-term financial futures.
Transamerica is a part of AEGON, an international life insurance, pension, and asset management company. The AEGON companies employ approximately 28,000 people and have a strong presence in more than 20 countries across the globe. For more information, visit www.transamerica.com