Location: Denver CO
Company Name: Aegon Asset Management
Occupational Category: 43-1011.00,First-Line Supervisors of Office and Administrative Support Workers
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Job FamilyDocument Ops
Job Description SummaryAt Transamerica we’ve seen that Wealth + Health are inextricably linked, and that living well tomorrow starts with the habits we form today.That’s why we’re passionate about inspiring our customers to improve their financial health- and their overall well-being- to optimize how we help people prepare for the future.We’re seeking people who can bring fresh ideas and varying perspectives, and help us to shake up the status quo!Come join our supportive culture that encourages a healthy lifestyle, community giving, diversity, and lifelong learning.The Manager, Retirement Plan Documents manages a team of Compliance Specialists whose primary focus is the preparation and amendment of the plan documents for Transamerica’s Multiple Employer Plan (MEP) and Pooled Asset Arrangement (PAA) clients.In addition to their hands-on managerial responsibilities, the Manager, Retirement Plan Documents, will play an integral role in the upcoming cyclical restatement of the MEP plan documents for our clients, and in the assessment, implementation and integration of the provisions of the SECURE Act into our business model, as well as other regulatory and legislative changes impacting qualified plan documents and our Mid-Market MEPs and PAAs.Sharing your solid knowledge and experience working with these specific types of retirement plans and the associated regulations, you will provide guidance and leadership to a team of professionals responsible for maintaining and amending the qualified plan documents for Transamerica’s Multiple Employer Plans.If you have a strong background in Defined Contribution plans, experience with the compliance and regulatory requirements regarding qualified plans, and are a demonstrated leader with a passion for guiding and developing high performing teams, we want to talk to you!Job Description
What You Will Do:
• You will be responsible for ensuring timely execution of all required plan document restatements, and contributing to the implementation of the requirements in Secure Act.
• Supervise day-to-day activities and assigned projects of team members and manage team performance to optimize productivity, cost effectiveness and timely delivery of projects.
• Develop and mentor team members and assist with their career development.
• Negotiate nonstandard contract/service agreement language with clients and their attorneys on the documents.
• Develop and manage consistent quality control processes to ensure accuracy and timely delivery of work.
• Confer with Senior Management, including department managers and Legal, on complex client issues and resolutions.
• Work with Plan Specialists and Client Transition Services team (CTS) to ensure successful transition of new accounts to Transamerica Retirement Solutions (TRS), including attending new business implementation calls/meetings.
• Work with Client Relationship Development teams (CRD) to interpret plan amendment requests to ensure correct document preparation and system revisions.
• Coordinate of automatic enrollment calls with CRD and Outsourcing.
• Review and implementation of P3 system enhancements.
• Implement and monitor Document Operations policy on quality and service standards.
• Ensure TRS products and service enhancements are incorporated, updated and described accurately in department business applications.
• Work with Technology Manager on issues/enhancements impacting production.
• Work with Technology Manager with production related reports.
• Manage Document Operations office supplies.
• Assignment and coordination of department special projects.
What You Will Learn:
• You will become proficient in all of Transamerica’s systems and processes related to the administration of MEPs and PAAs.
• You will learn the nuances, features and business purpose of the various arrangements offered under Transamerica’s innovative and industry-leading MEP and PAA services.
• You will participate in the creation and deployment of the regulatory processes, including those associated with the SECURE Act.
What Success Looks Like:
• You will demonstrate proficiency and knowledge of applicable Transamerica systems, processes, procedures and documentation related to the administration of Multiple Employer Plans
• Successfully meet all Treasury plan document restatement deadlines
• Ensure that all quality metrics are met and SLA’s adhered to
• Display a high level of leadership, and maintain a high level of team performance
• Provide knowledge and guidance to ensure that all existing and new regulations are being implemented and adhered to within the prescribed deadlines
What You Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience.+ Eight years of pension/retirement plan experience, including supervisory/management responsibilities
• Experience with qualified defined contribution retirement plans.+ Experience drafting documents related to the establishment and maintenance of defined contribution plans (e.g., 401(a), 401(k), 403(b), 457, etc.).
• Ability to define, develop and draft product requirements and programming specifications.
• Ability to analyze complex information and translate into written content and/or instructions.
• Strong customer focus, communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships and convey plan design details.
• Decision-making and problem-solving skills to resolve complex plan issues.
• Analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Results oriented in a time-sensitive work environment.
• Proficiency using MS Office tools.
What We also Prefer You Have:
• Minimum of 5 years of direct experience with qualified defined contribution plans,
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience with Multiple Employer Plans and Pooled Asset Arrangements
• Knowledge of Transamerica Retirement Services Corporation (TRSC) current and legacy product offerings.
• Knowledge of State Department of Insurance regulations related to preparation of Group Annuity contracts.
• Experience developing and drafting contractual documents, such as service and vendor agreements.
• Experience in contracts, law, or compliance department providing qualified defined contribution plan investment and administrative services.
• Industry designation (e.g., QPA, CPC, APA, FLMI, FSRI)
What You Receive:
• A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package.It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years.That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match.As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
• Wealth Benefits; Competitive salary, Annual Bonus eligibility, Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities
• Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Paid Time Off, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid time to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program.Working Conditions
• Office environment
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career.We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks.U.S.Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws.A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies.Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
Our Company is committed to providing accessibility to those with disabilities in a manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity, that is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 ("AODA").Please contact email@example.com if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Transamerica, hard work, innovative thinking and personal accountability are qualities that we honor and reward.We understand the potential that is unleashed by leveraging the talents of a diverse workforce.We embrace an environment where employees enjoy a balance between their careers, families, communities and personal interests.Ultimately, we appreciate the uniqueness of a company where talented professionals work collaboratively in a positive environment focused on helping customers secure their long-term financial futures.
Transamerica is a part of AEGON, an international life insurance, pension, and asset management company.The AEGON companies employ approximately 28,000 people and have a strong presence in more than 20 countries across the globe.For more information, visit www.transamerica.com