Location: Denver CO
Company Name: Sentinel Transportation
Occupational Category: 11-1021.00,General and Operations Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Oversees the daily operations of multiple transportation terminals in a safe, environmentally responsible and cost effective manner by providing tactical and strategic direction and leadership to Terminal Managers. May also direct dispatch, mechanic and maintenance activities. Manages the budgeted resource costs, incidental expenses, and vehicle and driver utilization associated with the terminal. Oversees the management of customer relationships to ensure excellent customer service.
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIRMENTS:
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, preferred
· Commercial Driver's License with proper endorsements, a plus
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Skills and/or Experience
· Seven or more years working in the transportation industry, with four of those years in a supervisory or management position
· Previous experience in a hazardous materials environment preferred
· Significant experience in managing budgets of multiple locations, including the allocation of physical and human resources within a transportation environment
· Demonstrated knowledge of FMCSA, DOT and other regulations related to the transportation of chemicals and petroleum products
· Demonstrated knowledge of FHWA/HM regulations and Sentinel policies and procedures
· Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in a range of settings, using a mix of verbal and written communication styles.
· Proficiency in data management such as People Net and all Microsoft Office applications
1. Directs all transportation operators and administrative staff in a major terminal, which includes the recruitment, selection, training, and ongoing supervisory activities of terminal employees. Supports Terminal Managers at other locations in these same activities.
2. Develops schedules, monitors productivity and quality standards, and implements and enforces all policies and procedures related to terminal activities. Supports Terminal Managers at other locations in these same activities.
3. Ensures compliance to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all company policies, procedures, and performance standards within a major terminal. Supports Terminal Managers at other locations in these same activities.
4. Manages operational costs, expenses, and equipment utilization within a major terminal. Supports Terminal Managers at other locations in these same activities.
5. Administers safety programs; performs random safety audits; makes operational safety recommendations. Plans and conducts safety meetings at a major terminal. Supports Terminal Managers in other locations in these same activities.
6. Proactively responds to customer needs, issues and complaints using company standards, policies, and procedures for managing customer relationships within a major terminal. Supports Terminal Managers in other locations in these same activities.
7. Responds to emergency situations by orchestrating resources quickly, safely and in accordance with established procedures within a major terminal. Supports Terminal Managers in other locations in these same activities.
8. Works to continuously improve operational processes to increase service efficiency and value. Drives consistent operational performance across all locations with a focus on safety, service and cost.
9. Builds and maintains a relationships with clinics and providers of local services for physicals, drug screens, FCEs, etc.
10. Administers Collective Bargaining Agreement, interprets CBA and manages terminal operations to comply with CBA, where required.
11. Gathers and disseminates information to Regional Operations Manager as it relates to potential business opportunities. Performs other duties as may be required