Location: Detroit MI
Company Name: Shinola
Occupational Category: 51-2092.00,Team Assemblers
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
The Line Assemblers at Shinola are responsible for making our handcrafted watches.
• Assembles, tests and adjusts complete watch movements according to specifications, using watchmaker's tools.
• Inspects movement for accuracy, diagnoses causes of defects and replaces defective parts.
• Make quick and accurate troubleshooting decisions.
• Quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions to perform various tasks
• Move hands and arms together to grasp, manipulate, or assemble small objects.
• Arrange items or actions in a certain order for pattern according to a specific sequence or set of rules.
• Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Concentrate on a task over long periods of time without being distracted.
• Other responsibilities will be assigned.
• Best eyes in the industry. 20 / 20 vision or corrected 20/20 vision. Have the ability to see details at close range.
• Exceptional attention to detail Able to notice tiny defects: scratches, spots, rust, lint, hair, tarnished metal, dents, deformations, marks on pieces the size of a quarter or smaller.
• Candidates with experience working with a magnifying glass while inspecting tiny parts will be considered first.
• Passing a dexterity test or similar will be required.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• At least 3 years of relevant experience working as a Line Assembler of small parts or components or similar capacity.
• Experience in the watch industry or inspecting small components and/or parts is highly desired.
# of Openings: 4
External Company URL: http://www.shinola.com
Street: 485 W. Milwaukee