Location: Detroit MI
Company Name: TREMEC
Occupational Category: 17-2199.04,Manufacturing Engineers
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
TREMEC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Grupo KUO, S.A.B. de C.V. creates solutions for highly technical driveline systems, sub-systems and components for the automotive, agricultural, industrial and military industries. As a systems integrator, we provide the expertise to develop a complete torque transfer solution.
Tremec is now seeking a Manufacturing Engineer - Assembly to join our growing team at our Novi, Michigan facility. This individual interprets the product design requirements and specifications, then designs a manufacturing process to make the product. The position requires the understanding of man/machine interfaces, safety standards and machine control systems. Competitive wages and benefits are offered for this opportunity!
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Process and assembly planning and execution. Process Flow, PFMEA development
• Plan, design concepts, evaluate, optimize, write specifications, follow-up with suppliers of light industrial equipment including assembly facilities, warehousing, assembly lines for automotive components, assembly cells for automotive industry, assembly jigs and fixtures, gages for quality checks and torque equipment
• Meet deliverable in terms of quality, deadlines, cost efficiency and process capabilities
• Develop tooling and processes to handle tolerances specified
• Lean processes, continuous improvement, assembly time optimization, material and information flow optimization with minimal inventories
• Proactively and efficiently agree on deliverables, define requirements, and communicate progress with program teams and with remote functional experts based at the corporate location and in the plants
• Support program management and launch planning
• Facilitate launch planning and ensure smooth successful launch of a new manufacturing plant
• Supervise suppliers, document and optimize the execution of equipment and fixtures
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in industrial, mechanical or electrical engineering
• Minimum 3+ years’ experience in automotive manufacturing/assembly facility
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Lean Manufacturing and JIT production system implementation
• AutoCAD, MTM, PLC, Robotics, Vision system implementation, VA/ VE, Six Sigma Green Belt
• WHMIS, OHSA regulations, Pre-Start & H &Safety reviews, PFMEA, APQP, MTM-UAS
• Knowledge of material flow concepts, quality systems, tooling systems including GD and T are preferred.
• Requires a high level of communication with other engineers, maintenance technicians, and management and production operators.
• Ability to work in a team environment is a must.
• 10% travel and ability to periodically work non-traditional business hours to support local and international