Location: Detroit MI
Company Name: Campbell Soup Company
Occupational Category: 41-4012.00,Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Except Technical and Scientific Products
Date Posted: 2020-02-22
Valid Through: 2020-03-23
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Market Sales Representative (MSR) is responsible for managing customer relationships and sales volume activities in the Field Sales organization and is responsible for the implementation and execution of customer centric field marketing and sales plans for assigned region. Key areas of responsibility include product line management, business performance tracking and analysis, and execution of compelling marketing and sales programs. The MSR works closely with the sales and cross functional teams and will be key contributor toward developing and executing effective plans and programs. This role will often be assigned customer level call points that fall between the buying offices headquarter and individual stores.
Essential Job Duties
• Accountable for the ongoing development of customer specific plans that lead to the achievement of annual operating plan objectives and the continued growth of our brands.
• Achieves or exceeds customer sales objectives.
• Builds winning relationships through compression selling to customer district/region decision makers, as well as, store level decision makers as needed.
• Effectively communicates/collaborates with the Region team to ensure information is shared in a timely manner and to drive team alignment around customer plans and objectives. This is to include, but not limited to, period promotions, pricing, display execution, merchandising activity, service opportunities, and period results.
• Leads and supports store level execution of marketing growth activities and the ongoing identification of new opportunities to build our business.
• Development and sell-in of field activated promotions such as secondary location placement, displays, and shelf space.
• Ongoing assessment, identification, and communication of competitive activities.
• Works with Regional Sales to develop a territory sales plan, analyze territory opportunities and define selling initiatives to achieve territory goals.
• Analyzes consumer and trade promotion programs utilizing internal and external market data, leading to recommendations to modify program elements or changes in strategic direction.
• Responsible for contributing rich content ideas for our various social media channels.
• Plans, schedules, builds, executes and recaps any applicable field marketing events.
• Assist in coordination of Sales and Marketing events including tradeshows, company meetings, sponsorships and booth design.
• Develops solid relationships with key department/store managers at store level; monitor market execution and audit merchandising standards.
• Maintain and grow brand presence by monitoring store level orders and back stock needs to support the business.
• Increase brand presence through incremental points of interruption via racks, displays and shipper placement.
• May perform other duties as required.
Scope of Responsibility
Works independently and makes decisions on the spot that significantly impacts the budget, company profitability and opportunity to retain valued customers. Responsible for achieving area goals based on IRI/Neilson Measures as defined on a quarterly and annual basis. Has primary responsibility within assigned area, as well as, smaller volume independent retail customers within their assigned area. No supervisory responsibilities, however occasionally may manage seasonal reps.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• Ability to set, pursue and attain achievable goals, regardless of obstacles or circumstances.
• Demonstrates high level of customer service, identifying and responding actively and with sensitivity to the needs of all internal and external customers.
• Must adapt well to change and have the ability to handle stress.
• Must maintain a professional image at work and in the trade.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Must be able to plan, pre-sell, and execute store level promotions.
• Ability to demonstrate proven sales skills.
Education and Experience
• Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
• Years of relevant experience: 0 – 3
Flexibility to work days, nights and weekends as needed – schedule will vary weekly. Work is conducted in a home office, with extensive travel in personal vehicle.
70 - 80% travel in personal vehicle covering area stores and events.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information