Location: Detroit MI
Company Name: Trinity Transportation
Occupational Category: 27-4021.00,Photographers
Date Posted: 2020-04-03
Valid Through: 2020-04-23
Employment Type: PART_TIME
All interested applicants for a Driver position, anyone looking for a new career opportunity to experienced Drivers, begin with us as a Driver in Training. The best-trained drivers in the business work for us because we devote a significant amount of resources, training and development to our employees.
A Driver in Training will be trained by our staff to obtain a commercial driver’s license (CDL) and obtain related Driver endorsement(s), where available, and to learn our Company policies and procedures. Upon successful completion of the training program and successful completion of all necessary requirements for the position, the Driver In Training will be placed in a Professional Driver role.
• Provides safe and reliable transportation service by operating position specific vehicles which may include school buses, sedans, vans, paratransit vans, limousines, taxi-cabs, shuttles, medium duty buses, transit buses, and/or motor coaches with a fixed or changing route.
• Reports any maintenance problems to Maintenance in accordance with Company procedure and does not operate an unsafe vehicle.
• Reports to duty on time and maintains route on time but in a safe manner.
• Physically assists passengers in evacuation of the vehicle in case of emergency.
• Immediately reports any accident or incident per Company policy.
• Exercises student and/or passenger management per Company policy.
• Informs all appropriate personnel of problems/procedures.
• Keeps the interior of the assigned vehicle clean and presentable.
• Presents a neat and professional personal appearance at all times.
• Ensures vehicle is properly fueled according to facility procedures.
• Completes all required paperwork (including route change sheets, time cards, vehicle repair requests) and submits to the appropriate authority in a timely manner.
• Maintains a cooperative attitude with fellow employees, supervisors, customers, and passengers while always promoting company goodwill.
• Prepares vehicle for inclement weather conditions, including scraping or cleaning windows, applying tire chains.
• Safely and efficiently utilizes vehicle equipment, including wheelchair lifts, radios and emergency equipment.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Additional responsibilities for our Paratransit Drivers may apply per location requirements and include but are not limited to:
• Must have experience transporting senior and/or disabled citizens in accordance with pre-arranged appointments/schedules.
• Must be able to provide individualized assistance/accommodation to senior and/or disabled passengers by utilizing wheelchair lifts, seats, and other special access necessary to effect a safe, secure, and comfortable ride.
• Must ensure that individuals with disabilities have adequate time to complete boarding or disembarking from the vehicle.
• Previous experience as a Paratransit Driver recommended.
• Must be at least 21 years of age; for Tennessee School Bus Drivers, must be at least 25 years of age per state law.
• Must possess, or be able to obtain, all valid applicable state license and other required certifications to operate company vehicles.
• Must meet physical and medical requirements and pass substance abuse screening; as a safety-sensitive employee, will be subject to random substance abuse screening under Company policy.
• Must satisfactorily complete and pass all training and attend safety meetings and in-service meetings in order to remain qualified.
• Extensive knowledge of traffic rules and regulations.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to lift and assist passengers when necessary.
• Must have a high degree of attention and considerable dexterity in the control of vehicles such as school buses, sedans, vans, paratransit vans, limousines, taxi-cabs, shuttles, medium duty buses, transit buses, and/or motor coaches.
• Must practice defensive driving at all times and avoid vehicular and industrial accidents by practicing safe driving and work habits.
• Compliance with all applicable federal, state, county, district, and contract specific Driver requirements.
Work Location: 8145 Greenfield Road, Detroit, MI 48228
Employee Status: Regular
Job Shift: Day Job
Equal Opportunity Employer