Location: El Paso TX
Company Name: Wells Fargo
Occupational Category: 41-2031.00,Retail Salespersons
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk.
The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Analytics Consultant position will report into WFC's Fair Lending Monitoring (FLM) data team and will provide support across the team, focusing on data modeling and design requirements, automation, and procurement for fair lending monitoring analysis. The Analytics Consultant will work with users to understand complex data requirements and problems, recommend solutions, and focus on bringing issues to resolution. He/she will manage all data gathering activities and analysis functions associated with projects varying in scope and complexity. This position will be responsible for establishing and managing data dictionaries for WFC FLM, working with line of business (LOB) processes for loading data into a centralized repository using SAS and SQL server tools, and reporting on various activities and team deliverables. He/she must be able to train and motivate team members to effectively synthesize information and draw analytically sound conclusions.
Specific duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Developing and revising complex data management plans, working with users to understand complex problems, focusing on bringing issues to resolution, and escalating as necessary to meet timelines
• Demonstrating end-to-end process ownership and providing comprehensive project data and analytics reporting
• Developing and implementing WFC processes, procedures and performance metrics
• Assisting team members with ad-hoc assignments
• Having a detailed understanding of loading large data sets into SAS and SQL server environments
• Having superior technical skills with technologies like SAS, SQL.
• Developing technology solutions using SAS or web based to automate data gathering processes; serving as a technology Subject Matter Expert (SME) and resource toWFC managers
• Leading efforts to document processes and procedures for WFC FLM data team functions
• Representing WFC and leading the efforts for all enterprise related system/application upgrades
• Consulting with business partners to clarify and define project requirements and business cases, including developing/modeling data plans
• Building strong partnerships and collaborating effectively with partners
• Creating and delivering presentations to management on project goals and plans, including progress reports
• Developing and maintaining reports of scheduled and in-progress initiatives
• Conducting data studies on LOB's to understand lending activities across the loan life-cycle
• Conducting simple analytics such as distributions, percentages, simple ratios, and any other information in support of the FLM team's understanding of the business and review risk scoping activities
• Executing BISG (Bayesian Improved Surname Geocoding) proxy modeling
• **Please Note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
• 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
• Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• A Master's degree or higher
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills
• Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
• Experience working in a large enterprise environment
• Knowledge and understanding of banking or financial services industry
• Ability to translate and present complex technical data across technical and non-technical groups
Other Desired Qualifications
• Self-driven, dedicated, with a strong work ethic that leads by example
• 8+ years of data reporting and development experience
• MS-SQL server Integration and reporting services
• Expertise in other technologies like Oracle, Teradata and DB2
• Detailed understanding of loading large data sets into SAS and SQL server environments
• Superior technical skills with technologies like SAS, SSIS (SQL Integration services) and SSRS (SQL reporting services).
• Ability to develop technology solutions using SAS, SSIS, SSRS or web based to automate data gathering processes; serving as a technology Subject Matter Expert (SME) and resource to WFC managers
• Lead efforts to document processes and procedures for WFC FLM data team functions
• Represent WFC and lead the efforts for all enterprise related system/application upgrades
• Consult with business partners to clarify and define project requirements and business cases, including developing/modeling data plans
• Ability to build strong partnerships and collaborating effectively with partners
• Develop and review complex data management plans, working with users to understand complex problems, focusing on bringing issues to resolution, and escalating as necessary to meet timelines
• Experience in leading large working sessions either in person or virtually
• Demonstrated experience in communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders
GA-Atlanta: 3579 Atlanta Ave - Atlanta, GA
GA-Atlanta: 360 Interstate North Pkwy Se - Atlanta, GA
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 550 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
SC-Fort Mill: 3480 State View Blvd - Fort Mill, SC
TX-DAL-Downtown Dallas: 1445 Ross Ave - Dallas, TX
TX-Irving: 250 E John Carpenter Freeway - Irving, TX
CO-Denver: 1700 Lincoln St - Denver, CO
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 11601 N Black Canyon Hwy - Phoenix, AZ
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
AZ-Tempe: 1150 W Washington St - Tempe, AZ
OR-Portland: 1300 Sw 5th Ave - Portland, OR
NC-Raleigh: 1100 Corporate Center Dr - Raleigh, NC
UT-Salt Lake City: 1095 E 2100 S - Salt Lake City, UT
UT-Salt Lake City: 1255 E Brickyard Rd 1 Flr - Salt Lake City, UT
UT-Salt Lake City: 260 Charles Lindbergh Dr - Salt Lake City, UT
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
CA-SF-Financial District: 550 California St - San Francisco, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation