Location: El Paso TX
Company Name: Whataburger
Occupational Category: 37-2011.00,Janitors and Cleaners, Except Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Whataburger has a job opening for an Area Manager
At Whataburger, we are a team of Family Members. We take pride in our work. We care about each other. And we love serving our customers. As a Whataburger Family Member, you will belong to something special — a beloved brand with a proud legacy. The values and skills you gain from working at Whataburger will serve you well at every stage of your career. Be part of something bigger — join the Whataburger Family today.
Whataburger is hiring an Area Manager to join our Family
A Whataburger Area Manager oversees the operations and performance of the restaurants in their market area. Area Managers visit restaurants to make sure Whataburger’s high standards are met. They also help develop budgets, as well as marketing and sales goals.
The Area Manager also develops other Family Members by supervising, coaching and mentoring their team, while guiding how Whataburger retains, attracts, recruits, trains and evaluates Family Member performance.
Whataburger Area Managers will grow through our Restaurant Career Development Path, a professional development program that teaches participants how to advance from learning to mastery of their roles and prepares them for future leadership opportunities.
Whataburger Area Managers Demonstrate High Performing Leadership By
• Sharing best practices, asking questions, helping others learn, develop and coach.
• Communicating with all Family Members and sharing ideas effectively in a variety of settings.
• Engaging with all Family Members and establishing connections through open-door interactions.
• Supporting General Managers who empower Family Members and take ownership of roles, tasks and decisions.
• Recruiting and building strong teams by identifying high performers.
• Rewarding and recognizing Family Members for a job well done.
And they get to do it all as part of a high-energy and rewarding team.
Enjoy Competitive Pay, Flexibility and a Chance to Grow
Whataburger Area Managers Enjoy
• A development path that promotes professional growth and internal career advancement
• Industry-leading weekly salary
• Retirement savings matching
• Medical, dental and vision plans
• Savings plans
• Time off benefits
• Use of a company vehicle
• Potential relocation assistance
• Wellness programs
• Rewards and recognition
• Discounted meals
• And much more
Be part of something bigger. Apply to be a Whataburger Area Manager today.
Area Manager Position Requirements
• At least three (3) years of experience in the restaurant industry
• Management responsibility of more than one restaurant in a quick-service restaurant or full-service chain restaurant organization preferred
• Advanced ability to communicate, influence and negotiate decisions while motivating assigned staff
• Ability to prioritize and work on more than one project at the same time
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
• Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint preferred
• Intermediate knowledge of back-of-house systems, point-of-sale systems, restaurant operating systems and the Internet
• Strong general knowledge of: - The Whataburger organization and its functions
• Working practices, procedures and techniques
• Intermediate to advanced understanding of
• Budgetary concepts and procedures
• Delegating projects
• Performance review process
• Ability to prepare and present ideas and recommendations to colleagues, managers and direct reports
• Food Handler Certification
• Food Safety Certification (requirement may vary based on city, county or state)
Must Be Able To
Working Conditions/Travel Requirements
• Report on time, adhere to a full-time schedule and remain available to work all shifts or overtime based on the operational needs of the restaurant. Your presence is vital to operations and ensures you are always prepared for success.
• Travel, both locally and long distances (including air travel), to work sites, meeting sites, and other locations in order to engage in training, coaching, and/or support.
• Take pride in ensuring quality standards for working conditions
• Have a valid driver’s license, submit to releasing a Motor Vehicle Record that adheres to Whataburger standards and maintain current automobile liability insurance at minimum levels in state of residence.
Must Be Able To
• Lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion
• Stand and sit for extended periods of time
• Reach, bend, stoop, lift, shake, stir, pour, carry and push on occasion
• Contact/immerse hands in water, cleaning and sanitation solutions, meat products, poultry products, seafood and produce items
• Use computers, telephones and office equipment
Apply To Be a Whataburger Area Manager
If you are ready to join the family as a Whataburger Area Manager, then we are ready to hear from you! All new applicants are contacted within a matter of days. Join the Whataburger Family today!